Dreamcast error in retroarch

That game, only has a bin file? Do you have another file to go with it? (like .cue or .lst or something else)

Kondorito hello

i tried to play crazy taxi and sonic adventures and it contains 3 bin files and one gdi file and so is crazy taxi

and everytime i launch the game any game from the dreamcast list it opens and crashes retroarch

Are you launching it selecting the gdi file?

Kondorito

here how retroarch works in my laptop

i installed two versions of dreamcast

dreamcast naomi reicast and dreamcast redream gpl

but if i want to launch a game from the dreamcast list it gives me only the option to play from the dreamcast naomi reicast

if i want that the game will work i need to do it manually using load core and selecting dreamcast redream gpl and then i select the gdi manually and it works

and my question is

i downloaded the dreamcast emulator that works on my laptop wich is dreamcast redream gpl

why is dreamcast giving me the option to load a game only with dreamcast naomi reicast only

now when i want to load a game normally using dreamcast noami reicast it just tells me that

retroarch has stopped working

and yeah i dont know what to do so the other dreamcast core wich is redream gpl will be shown too

because it does not shown on the installed core lists even tho it is installed

hunterk

kondorito

c9f5fdda06

here is the latest log file:

https://pastebin.com/hnqqUazS

is there any solution?

is the solution during process?

or is it the only way i can play dreamcast games?

Unimplemented opcode: 00000000 next_pc: 0C021002 pr: AC0195EE msg: Unknown opcode

That usually means the game is unsupported or there’s something wrong with your ROM. AFAIK, Reicast should have significantly higher compatibility than Redream, so I’m not sure why a game would work in Redream and not Reicast /shrug

hunterk

nothing work

but thank you anyway

i guess i could never play dreamcast

since any game of dreamcast that i load crashes

but i appreciate your support

hunterk

i hope you will have time for my question

are there other users with the same problem?

or is it just with my laptop?

here are 3 log files from the 3 games with the same error

https://pastebin.com/rR3W61Rz

https://pastebin.com/cTM4kARK

https://pastebin.com/PSmsdGJK

i hope you would have time for my topic again and will take a look at the logs

does it mean i need to reinstall retroarch?

do i need to add bios?

if yes wich ones?

since i think i saw few topics with the same problem and its just not fair that others can play with dreamcast

something isnt right with the version of retroarch?

is it a windows problem or something with my graphics?

i really hope you could reply

i hope im not disturbing you from helping other people

as i said again i truly appreciate your support

and i dont know why dreamcast loads the bin file and not the gdi file or all the files together

the dreamcast reicast works the best when loading it manually but it does not shown when i want to chose wich core to play a game

Hmm, I just tried Crazy Taxi in cdi format here with Reicast and it worked just fine.

Do you have the correct BIOS images? If you load the core and then go to main menu > information > core information, does it say they’re present or missing?

hunterk

the information says

i screenshot it here:

The one you’re missing from Reicast shouldn’t be a problem, unless you’re trying to load a Naomi game. I loaded by load core > load content. If the playlist is giving you problems, delete it, rescan your games and then go to settings > playlist and make sure the playlist is assigned to use Reicast instead of Redream.

I dont understand how something so common like Dreamcast doesnt work in this super duper frontend.

wat? it works just fine.

thank you hunterk and Kondorito!

retroarch works great!

i love retroarch! :smiley:

Excuse me, Favoritoons. I just created this account to help people who are struggling to create their non supported playlists in Linux, like the Dreamcast playlist, for example.

I also can’t start a thread… So… I’m borrowing your post for that.

I’m using Retroarch 1.7.5 and right click does not work on Desktop Menu to add a game to a new playlist. If that is your case or if you want to do things faster, follow these steps:

Open a terminal window and use the command find to list all the folders inside your Dreamcast ISOs directory filtering the CDI and GDI extensions in those absolute paths and store in a new text file:

find ./ $(pwd) | grep -i '\.cdi\|\.gdi' > games-absolute-path.txt

The text file content will be something like this:

./Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v1/Borcollection1.cdi

./Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v2/Borcollection2.cdi

./Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v3/Borcollection3.cdi

/home/user/Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v1/Borcollection1.cdi

/home/user/Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v2/Borcollection2.cdi

/home/user/Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v3/Borcollection3.cdi

As you can see, the text file will store two lists: The first one shows the relative path, the latter one, the absolute path. Open this file in a text editor and remove the first list manually. Save and close.

Now, use the find again to create the games list without the file path or extensions. This list will not store duplicated entries like the first one. Type this:

find ./ -type f -printf '%f\n'| grep -i '\.cdi\|\.gdi' | sed 's/\.[^.]*$//' > games-titles.txt

This is how the content of games-titles.txt should look like:

Borcollection1

Borcollection2

Borcollection3

First tricky part: You must merge those two text files intercalating their lines. For that you use the paste command. Type this:

paste -d"\n" games-absolute-path.txt games-titles.txt > games-path-titles.txt

The new file, games-path-titles, shoud a content similar to this:

Borcollection1

/home/user/Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v1/Borcollection2.cdi

Borcollection2

/home/user/Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v1/Borcollection3.cdi

Borcollection3

Now use awk to insert the information about cores, crc and playlist every two lines in the new file:

awk '1;!(NR%2){print "DETECT\nDETECT\n0|CRC\nSega - Dreamcast.lpl";}' games-path-titles.txt > 'Sega - Dreamcast.lpl'

The file “Sega - Dreamcast.lpl” should look like this:

Borcollection1

DETECT

DETECT

0|CRC

Sega - Dreamcast.lpl

Borcollection2

DETECT

DETECT

0|CRC

Sega - Dreamcast.lpl

Borcollection3

DETECT

DETECT

0|CRC

Sega - Dreamcast.lpl

Copy or move the file Sega - Dreamcast.lpl to your playlist folder, in my case ~/.config/retroarch/playlists .

You’re set.

PS: I couldn’t get rid of the line breaks in this post, but your file will not store any of those.

Same post in portuguese, just in case:

Estou utilizando o Retroarch 1.7.5 e o click com o botão direito do mouse não funciona no Desktop Menu para adicionar jogos à playlist . Se este é o seu caso ou você quer criar sua playlist de forma mais rápida, siga estes passos:

Abra uma janela do terminal e utilize o comando para varrer suas pastas de Dreamcast filtrando as extensões CDI e GDI e armazendo o caminho absoluto de cada imagem num arquivo texto:

find ./ $(pwd) | grep -i '\.cdi\|\.gdi' > jogos-caminho-absoluto.txt

O conteúdo do seu arquivo texto deve ser parecido com isso:

./Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v1/Borcollection1.cdi

./Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v2/Borcollection2.cdi

./Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v3/Borcollection3.cdi

/home/user/Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v2/Borcollection2.cdi

/home/user/Dreamcast-Games/Beats of Rage Collection - v3/Borcollection3.cdi

Como você pode reparar, a lista está duplicada. A primeira contém o caminho relativo para o arquivo, a outra o caminho absoluto. Abra o arquivo texto num editor e remova a primeira parte da lista, que contém os caminhos relativos. Salve e feche.

Agora utilize o comando find novamente para criar uma nova lista sem os caminhos ou extensão dos arquivos. Esta listagem não sairá duplicada como a primeira. Digite:

find ./ -type f -printf '%f\n'| grep -i '\.cdi\|\.gdi' | sed 's/\.[^.]*$//' > jogos-titulos.txt

O conteúdo de jogos-titulos.txt deve ser similar ao visto abaixo:

Borcollection1

Borcollection2

Borcollection3

Primeira parte mais complicada. Você precisa mesclar as listas contidas nos dois arquivos intercalando as linhas. Para isso use o comando paste. Digite:

paste -d"\n" jogos-caminho-absoluto.txt jogos-titulos.txt > jogos-caminho-titulos.txt

O conteúdo de jogos-caminho-titulos.txt deve ser mais ou menos assim:

Borcollection1

Borcollection2

Borcollection3

Agora utilize o comando awk para inserir a informação referente aos cores, crc e playlist a cada duas linhas do novo arquivo texto:

awk '1;!(NR%2){print "DETECT\nDETECT\n0|CRC\nSega - Dreamcast.lpl";}' jogos-caminho-titulos.txt > 'Sega - Dreamcast.lpl'

O arquivo “Sega - Dreamcast.lpl” deve ficar mais ou menos assim:

Borcollection1

DETECT

DETECT

0|CRC

Sega - Dreamcast.lpl

Borcollection2

DETECT

DETECT

0|CRC

Sega - Dreamcast.lpl

Borcollection3

DETECT

DETECT

0|CRC

Sega - Dreamcast.lpl

Copie ou mova o arquivo Sega - Dreamcast.lpl para sua pasta de playlists, no meu caso ~/.config/retroarch/playlists.

Feito.

PS: Não consegui postar sem o pulo de linhas, mas os arquivos texto não terão nenhum.

I hope it helps! Espero que ajude!

• Benga Lee