Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Hi @soqueroeu, if you can’t do it with the parameters inside the retroarch ui then there’s nothing you can set in the preset to make it happen. You would need to start changing the shaders themselves.

1 Like

@soqueroeu

It’s both less and more complicated than that. You don’t need to rotate it because a portrait monitor has the same orientation, but it has a different aspect, so you would need a different graphic.

Something new I have been working on!

The CZ-605D monitor for the x68000. This is the vintage monitor I have been wanting to do that was waiting for new shader features.

Thanks @Telmo for the Kanji!! :heart_eyes:

I am using the new bleeding edge version of the shader. :grinning:

Night mode with lit LEDs on the bezel.

Except for the inner bezel, everything is using the Decal Layer with new masking and scaling features. I could have used the new Bezel Image Layer also. The lit LEDs on the monitor are using the Top Image Layer, which has it’s scaling and masking modes set to mirror the Decal Layer.

This means we can scale the monitor using either Non-integer % or Int Scale Border Min Height. Like this…

or this.

Pretty freakin’ awesome!! :star_struck:

The new dual pass screen gel feature that @HyperspaceMadness posted on his thread will also be a game changer.

The world, as we know it, will never be the same! :wink:

9 Likes

BTW. In November I bought a house. :blush:

Also in November I bought an executive desk for my new office.

For the last 14 years I have been using a desk that is roughly 5 inches taller than a standard desk, and sit in a drafting chair. That’s the way I like it.

So I fired up my favorite parametric modeling tool and modeled my new desk. I then designed a framed caster platform for the desk. Then I bought some stuff and started fabricating. :grin:

Then I was flooded with more important "Home-owner projects. :frowning_face:

Just yesterday I finally finished the platform and my shiny new desk is 4.75 inches taller and rolls around like a dream! :star_struck:

Backup a bit to November. I also bought a new computer case to replace my aging Lian-Li that is housing it’s 7th or 8th system since I bought it.

(The new Lian-Li is Pretty!)

So…

graphics production will be shutting down for one or two days while I move my system into it’s new home.

Wish me luck! :wink:

7 Likes

Very nice, @Duimon! Congrats on all of these achievements!! :100: :100: :100:

And also, good luck! :grin:

1 Like

Congrats man, like a boss way of life

1 Like

Thanks guys! I can’t say I am unhappy with my current quality of life, it has been pretty straight up for the last couple of years.:grin:

I will say that my involvement in this project with @HyperspaceMadness has certainly been a big contributing factor.

It is pretty hard to not be satisfied as I turn my monitors off at night.:smiley:

5 Likes

I wish you success in everything your hands touch.

1 Like

@Duimon Oh my… That Sharp combination… hats off to you! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Hey @Duimon, do you plan to make a ScummVM shader graphic ? That would be awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like request! It’s been a while since I had one. :grin:

I have thought about it, and I do plan on it. The question seems to be to be a matter of which computer system to use as a base, since all the games are for computer platforms.

The logical thing, to me, would be to use my IBM graphic and brand it with a ScummVM logo or two. Maybe change the color of the ABS.

@Tromzy How does that sound?

Hi @Duimon I am fairly new to Retroarch scene. But I am already a big fan of @HyperspaceMadness and yours Bezel project.

The one thing I am missing is a generic background for the CRL like speakers to the left and right from the screen… Maybe you can create few backgrounds that mimic speaker grills? Something similar to the following backgrounds

Thx in advance.

2 Likes

@AcidCrash

That sounds like a good idea. I’ll see what I can do.:grin:

3 Likes

@AcidCrash

How’s this for a first try?

(Be gentle. :wink:)

FYI. It is not based on any image, I just made it up. :grin:

5 Likes

Hi @Duimon, This is really nice. Do the grills extend for vertical (arcade) resolution?

1 Like

That will take a separate graphic, set as the vertical background in the shader. It might look better in that situation to have two grills on either side, instead of moving or changing the aspect of these.

I’ll play around a bit. :wink:

I’ll also do a couple based on images of real TVs.

BTW. Remember that these graphics are vector. Roughly 5000 ellipses with gradient strokes is pretty resource intensive. (Any raster effects, like drop shadows, would be crazy.) I don’t know what 10000 will be like. :grin:

OK.

@AcidCrash

This image can be used as both the horizontal and the vertical. The default bezel size will cover the inside speakers. :grin:

This worked so well I am committing to this size of speaker grills in different styles.

If someone requests it, I can also do single speaker panels that disappear outside the screen area. Although I don’t think it will look as good. :upside_down_face:

edit:

Gotta love vector art! :heart_eyes:

I’ll leave the choice to the user.

2 Likes

@Duimon Indeed, dual grills look nicer when compared to the scaled ones. Waiting for the update in the git Repo

Nice work, Duimon! It’s nice to have something classic that goes well pretty much with anything

Are logo-less versions also planned?

The logo is just the Decal layer. It can be turned off in the parameters. :grin:

Since you are happy with them I will commit ASAP. :slightly_smiling_face:

Give me a bit to downgrade my shader version and do a preset.

1 Like