FBA core - 3P & 4P?

I checked captain commando on stand alone fba and it won’t dump the nv ram. It only works with dipswitches, this is not supported on retroarch either right?

I got to play 4P on batcir by just replacing the nv file so fortunately the auto-load is not a must for service menu changes, although it would be very welcome regardless for things like high-score, or even maybe those games that only have dipswitches, as a workaround of some sorts.

Actually dips could be exposed via core options just fine, they would just read dip switch 1 on|off, dip switch 2 on|off, dip switch 3 on|off etc without a proper description,

Is it only on and off? I thought there were more than that then reading from an ini file or something.

MAME games also need them, just testing with nbbatman I can’t access to Service Menu (even in FBA) so everything like 4P are set with dipswitches.

In mame there is a dip switch menu

Fine, I simply use MAME and assumed the mame core was also missing the option.

Easier to port to FBA core then (me wants to think).

edit: I finished setting up CPS service menus. I wanted to ask, do the nv files still work on future fba updates? The same question applies to MAME.