Flycast iOS Performance Issues

Last dynarec bounty i saw (beetle-psx) was around 1000$, might also be worth mentioning it took several years in the making.

I’ll match that.

If you want to outline the goals im happy for you to to that

1 Like

I think we might need some external help to figure exactly what has to be done, and from where to start implementing JIT support (i.e. from RetroArch itself or from an individual core standpoint for example…)

If you know where to start, please go for it!!

Thats so interesting I like to contribute with it as well coz i want to see Dreamcast games running properly on iOS

1 Like

is there a way to contribute to this?

I’m not a coder but would want to put a bounty on it

I would definitely contribute to a bounty. Dreamcast support is sorely missing on iOS. I wonder if at this point it’s worth creating an issues on the Flycast Gihub detailing the games that don’t work on iOS (pretty much all of them I assume) and the problems with them. Maybe the devs aren’t aware people want support for the core on iOS?

More like devs don’t want to work for months on something that will break anyway with next apple update. If you missed that important information : apple doesn’t give a shit about making things nice to “hobby” developpers like us, and even large companies are getting tired of their shitty policy. If you want to spend thousands of bucks hiring someone to make a dynarec compatible with apple devices, feel free, keep in mind that by the time it’ll be finished, you’ll probably need to open a new bounty for a “metal” renderer though, since that’s the only thing that’ll be supported by apple devices in the near future.

Fair enough. Apple does make things difficult. I can understand why devs wouldn’t want to bother if the Dreamcast core would rely on something Apple will break with an iOS update.

FYI I just installed a standalone version of flycast that I didn’t know existed, and it seems much better. I have tested only Shenmue’s intro scene, which was choppy as hell in RetroArch but ran flawlessly this time. This might be a source of inspiration? Although I for one wouldn’t have the skills to make anything of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Installed through AltStore, didn’t check but I assume the IPA can be obtained directly.