[Guide] Play Neo Geo CD games using FBNeo

What do you mean “current loading time”, does FBA shorten NGCD games loadings?

Yeah, for the few games i tried it was below 2 seconds.

I usually play in MAME and I think that one loads in real time (1x or 2x at ‘most’ on NGCD) FBA was as fast if not faster than using MAME and holding down fast forward.

I didn’t know FBA shortened NGCD loadings, that’s nice! SkyHigh, yeah MAME simulates the real never ending NGCD loadings!

How do you get that sub-menu to appear when using glui? I switched to ozone and I saw it but don’t see how to get it to appear in glui.

Maybe you can’t, i’m not sure glui is well maintained

Are you able to get it working with glui?

glui is not even enabled in my setup, i only use xmb/ozone.

then what about when using the release binary?

I don’t use that, may i ask why you want to use glui by all means ? I think it’s pretty much deprecated.

Anyway, if you say subsystem isn’t supported in it, i recommend opening an issue at https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues

Well it’s useful on devices with small screens like phones. It also requires a few less button presses to access things like recently played games and overall more minimal in style on a large screen.

What’s your platform ? I asked around and it seems subsystems are supposed to be available in glui/materialui. Also, maybe try updating your assets ?

I rebuilt RA with glui/materialui support and i can confirm the subsystems are available :

Using linux x64 btw.

yeah I updated assets and doesn’t show still.

You also updated RA i guess ? Well, sorry but i’m clueless about your issue then…

yes it’s 1.7.6. I guess I’ll just use ozone

Any news on if drag and drop is supported yet? This is the only way I can get the game to load via RocketLauncher.

Thank you.

I don’t think thats supported. You have to use either Retroarch load subsystem or the command line described in the first post.

There should be a way to add the necessary command line to the RetroArch module for RocketLauncher, I just don’t know how to edit the module to this degree. I made a post about it on the rlauncher forums back in February but no one has responded.

I’d love to get this added in, because MAME’s configuration needs are an absolute dumpster fire lol so I much prefer FBA (FBN)

1 Like