Having a couple problems with 1.6.7 and the Mame core (0.188)

I Just updated all my ROMs to 188 non merged and am now using the newest plain MAME core. It will ONLY allow me to use my left analog stick for directional input. Every other core i have ever used just worked with the dpad by default. I have no idea how to change it (I feel like i am going to mess up all the other cores that are working perfectly) :(. Halp?

Also, when i use Launchbox’s built in controller button combo exit thing-a-ma-bob it closes MAME… but then it opens back up to the built in MAME GUI and i have to press the close combo one more time to get rid of that. This also worked with every other core until now. Any ideas?

has noticed same on 0.187 few weeks ago … Mame_libretro - no digital input mapping by default?

sigh :frowning:

moar characters are typed here

Im having some issues myself, genesis games are not displaying right. The right half of the screen doesn’t display at all and thus the left half is squished and almost makes it look like a vertical screen. Seems to be only with Genesis from what I’ve tested so far, and with both cores. Can’t seem to fix it messing with the video settings and shaders.

Have noticed the same. Is there any workaround other than changing the layout within mame?