Heavy input lag with every SNES / SFC core + Disabling Desktop Comp. not working

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;34990]I think using exclusive fullscreen in Retroarch is like disabling aero. (video -> windowed fullscreen mode OFF)

I can feel the difference with mercury. Perhaps something else is a source of lag in your setup? I play with a wired x360 pad on a 18ms display lag TV here (saw that in a review, can’t measure it myself :stuck_out_tongue: ).[/QUOTE]

Same here, I’m using a wired x360 pad on one of the lowest-lag screens on the market. The thing is, there might be a slight improvement in the most up-to-date release of bsnes-mercury, but the difference between even bsnes-mercury and something like mGBA is still appalling. This is further evidenced by the 240p suite on the SNES core still consistently reporting a measurement of 2 frames of lag, while the other system cores provide much more responsive results.

It’s the SNES cores themselves that actually boast this high degree of lag, not Retroarch as an enviroment. There is something in both snes9x and bsnes (all of their respective forms so far) that produce a consistent input delay of about 2 frames.

Now you actually made me curious, Geomancer. Do you notice any difference regarding Input Lag by enabling and disabling VSync? (Hard Sync always ON). To me, stable release feels 100% responsive when VSync is off, of course the damn thing becomes completely unplayable for me because of the tearing, but it’s very responsive, you could try with a game that has an extremely responsive jump, like Aladdin, and see what happens.

Also, what processor and video card are you using?

It seems to be specifically snes cores that was the problem. I never had noticable lag on nes, genesis gx, or other cores I’ve tested at least on windowed with Windowed Vsync. I even tested my htpc with 47 inch screen with Xbox 360 wireless and I notice no lag when testing 240p suite and it was actually hard to not get negative frames.I haven’t tested the snes cores yet for htpc

How can you make RetroArch select Bsnes_Mercury automatically? It picks the regular version. Ever since you can’t select cores in the cfgs there is no way to control this as far as i know.