Help With Roms for Neo Geo

I have been trying to get Neo Geo to work for about a week now and cant get it to start a game. I have 3 different sets of Roms and different Bios folders but I can’t get any of them to work. I am using the latest version of FBA but not sure how to look at the versions of the roms and bios. Thanks for the help

Just sent you a PM :wink:

I am also having similar issues with RetroArch 1.0.0.2. Every rom I’ve tried (CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo) ends in a stack dump and my Wii restarting.

Is this a rom or core issue?

Do you have the BIOS files in the same directory as the ROMs? CPS1 and 2 require qsound.zip and NeoGeo needs neogeo.zip to work.

Interesting. I already knew about neogeo.zip in my neo geo roms folder, but absolutely ignored that qsound.zip was required in order to play cps1 and 2 roms, and I tested the whole cps1 romset on my gamecube and they all worked (even some bootlegs).But anyway I gonna test that bios out with cps2 roms to see if it could help with compatibility issues.

I never knew qsound.zip was needed/existed as all of my cps1 and cps2 roms have always worked on my Wii.

qsound is only needed for new MAMEs, I think.

the thing about neogeo, and cps1 and cps2 is also that not all roms work. there is an excel spreadsheet in one of these topics somewhere but ill just upload it to save the time of searching. i didnt make it, not sure who did, but the list has a ton of mame roms and whether they work with retroarch or not:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

I was hoping to get a little more information about getting the roms to work for NeoGeo. I spent countless hours trying to get a full explanation how to get get the roms to work on the Wii. I have to newest version of retroarch and am running the roms off of my usb drive. What and where do I get the “NeoGeo.zip” file? what is exactly is in it? I cant seem to get a complete answer on what to do. fairly new at this in case you cant tell. thanks in advance for the help.

Place neogeo.zip in the same directory as your roms. Keep all roms zipped. I will PM you the site to get the correct bios and roms. Please note that larger Neo Geo roms will not work due to the Wii’s limited memory, e.g. Garou, Last Blade etc.

It contains the BIOS files from the NeoGeo system and is required for NeoGeo emulation to work. The only legal method to obtain it would be ripping the files yourself from a real console.

Thank you both!!! Ask a simple question and hope to get a simple answer. You two are the first ones to give me one. Appreciate it!!! Hope it works and i wont have to bother with it again.

I’m in the same situation as Jerkass, but i could get CPS1 and CPS2 running, but not the NeoGeo . I have put NeoGeo.zip in the same folder as the neogeo roms, but i keep crashing to menu, any advice?

It needs to be the neogeo.zip that comes with the ROMset (i.e., it can’t just be some random one from the internets) and you need to put it in the same directory with your neogeo ROMs.