Hgoda90 - Mega Bezel Graphics + Varieties

Sony PSP

I think these are probably the best that can be done with PSP as of right now.

Ceramic White
-------------
[Graphics Global Brightness]
    Graphics Brightness: 125

[Device Image Layer]
    Saturation: 0
    Brightness: 200
    Gamma: 5

Hannah Montana
--------------
[Device Image Layer]
    Colorize: 1
    Hue Offset: 253
    Saturation: 188
    Brightness: 148
    Gamma: 4.00

Silver
------
[Device Image Layer]
    Hue Offset: 70
    Saturation: 6
    Brightness: 144
    Gamma: 2.50

1 Like

Gameboy Original Monocrome Green Screen

To get the original look of Gameboy:

1. Use mGBA as core
  2. Go to Quick Menu < Options < System
  3. Set Game Boy Model to Game Boy
  4. Go back and select Video
  5. Set Default Game Boy Palette to DMG Green
  6. Make sure [Monochrome] Monochrome Color is 0

2 Likes

Sega Dreamcast

American version of the Dreamcast. Duimon’s graphic will need to be edited to add the US logo over the Japanese or European one. I simply just edited the other shader files changing the color and renamed them to Alt2. I should also note that the layers only need changing when they are not default valued at 0, 100, 100.

US Version
----------
[Bezel & Frame Color]
    Hue: 0
    Saturation: 100
    Brightness: 59.60

[Device Image Layer] & [Decal Layer]
    Hue Offset: 0
    Saturation: 200
    Brightness: 184

How to Create Graphic

1. Download Dreamcast US logo that is transparent.
  2. Open Graphics/SEGA_Dreamcast/Dreamcast.png and logo in image editing program.
  3. Copy and paste logo onto the Dreamcast.png as layer and scale over one of the logos.
  4. Select the other layer and use Rectangle Select Tool to select around the Graphics logo.
  5. Select area above logo as Foreground Color and below as Background Color with Eyedropper.
  6. Delete the items inside the Rectangle Select Tool of Dreamcast.png.
  7. Select Gradient tool and drag straight bottom to top of Select Area.
  8. Set start color as Background Color and end color as Foreground Color.
  9. Repeat 3 - 8 for the other side
  10. Save as Dreamcast_Alt2 in Graphics/SEGA_Dreamcast
  11. Change the Parameter files BackgroundImage from Dreamcast to Dreamcast_Alt2.

Programs like Photoshop can be used to accomplish this. This is a possible way to do it and quicker and easier ways could be possible.

If anybody is wondering I won’t post the graphic I have is because it’s Duimon’s. It’s not really difficult to do this and it shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes even for beginners. I know this because I am a middle line beginner.

GB2Player

Since Duimon added GB2Player Shader, I figured why not change the color of the Gameboys. Like the GBC2Player, [Device Image Layer] controls the Gameboy on the left and [Cabinet or Cabinet Glass Layer] controls the Gameboy on the right. [Decal Layer] controls the color of the Gameboy decal and colors of the AB buttons.

Random Colors
-------------
[Device Image Layer]
    Hue Offset: 264

[Cabinet or Cabinet Glass Layer]
    Hue Offset: 210

3 Likes

Cyber Shader Presets Brightness

If the Cyber Shader is too bright than change

[Crt Brightness & Gamma]
    Post CRT Brightness: 100

2 Likes

GB2Player and GBC2Player with Sameboy

The GB2Player and GBC2Player shaders can be used with the Sameboy core. All that is needed is:

1. Load a game with the Sameboy core
  2. Go to Main Menu < Subsystems < Load 2 Player Game Boy Link
  3. Pick a rom to load for Player 1
  4. Go to Load 2 Player Game Boy Link again
  5. Pick a rom to load for Player 2
  6. Go to Subsystems < Start 2 Player Game Boy Link
  7. Now you can select to Load the GB2Player shader for the games.

The steps can be used to even play two different games on each Gameboy. The only problem is that audio from only one Gameboy can be played.

The colors used with the Gameboys are the same as the Play It Loud Gameboy versions posted earlier, with some tweaks. The colors used with the Gameboy Colors are the same as the Gameboy Color variants posted earlier.

[Device Image Layer]
    Gamma Adjust: 0.25

[Decal Layer]
    Gamma Adjust: 0.75

[Cabinet or Cabinet Glass Layer]
    Gamma Adjust: 0.30
1 Like

Super Nintendo Gameboy

To get a Super Nintendo Background with the new Gameboy Shader than just change the BackgroundImage line in the shader file to

BackgroundImage = "../../../Graphics/Nintendo_SNES/SNES.png".

Change the Bezel also to the default Bezel color of the Super Nintendo Shader.

[Bezel & Frame Color]
    Hue: 257
    Saturation: 62
    Value/Brightness: 60

1 Like

Arcade Graphic + Cyber Shader

With Arcade I would recommend the Arcade Sharp PVM shader from Cyber. Just change #reference line in the Arcade shader to point to it and change the following settings:

[CRT Brightness & Gamma]
    Post CRT Brightness: 200

[CRT Screen Scaling]
    Int Scale Mode: 0

[Core Res Sampling]
    Opposite Dir Multiplier: 75-125*

*This depends on the game. Set to the value that makes the scanlines not appear as a circle.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, why the Composite-Pure preset and not my Arcade-Raw PVM Edition or Arcade Sharp PVM Edition presets?

Yeah never mind about that. I would use Arcade Sharp PVM instead because that looks close to Composite-Pure, but being specifically created for arcade.

Edit: I didn’t test the Arcade shaders, since I figured out to change Core Res Sampling to get rid of the circle scanlines.

1 Like

You can use whichever you like best, I was just wondering.

Composite - Pure is probably closer to Arcade - Raw because neither uses upscaling or smoothing, while Arcade - Sharp does. Composite - Sharp uses subtle smoothing without the upscaling for a sort of smoother than raw look without too much distortion, i.e. Ys becoming Vs.

It’s something I had been looking for for a long time now.

I’m glad you like and chose to use my shader presets. It feels good to know that others are enjoying what I’ve spent time and effort creating.

3 Likes

With the Arcade post above I changed [GDV - CRT Mask Options] CRT Mask to 10. Change the mask to your liking.

1 Like

Arcade Graphic + Cyber Shader Updated

Just updated the settings and got a better view of Cyber’s shader with Arcade Graphics. I have found there are different setting changes needed for Arcade games that have vertical and horizontal scanlines.

The Opposite Dir Multiplier change is only recommended for the Arcade [CABINET] and MAME [CABINET] shaders. The [CRT Screen Scaling] change is recommended for [CABINET] and [CABINET][NO TILT] shaders with both Arcade and MAME to fit the graphic properly.

Horizontal Scanlines
--------------------
[CRT Brightness & Gamma]

[CRT Screen Scaling]

[Core Res Sampling]
    Opposite Dir Multiplier: 75

[GDV - CRT Mask Options]
    CRT Mask: 5
    Mask Strength: 0.80

Vertical Scanlines
------------------
[CRT Brightness & Gamma]

[CRT Screen Scaling]

[Core Res Sampling]
    Opposite Dir Multiplier: 125

[GDV - CRT Mask Options]
    Mask Strength: 0.80

1 Like

Fake Scanlines to Fix the Moire Effect

With @Duimon’s, @Hyperspacemadness’s, and @Cyber’s tips, it is recommended to just turn Interlacing and Fake Scanlines Trigger Res down and change Fake Scanlines Opacity to at least default of 70. This makes sure there is no moire effect from added curvature to Cyber’s Shader pack with some of the graphics.This way there is no need to change Opposite Dir Multiplier. The change can still be done if Fake Scanlines is not wanted.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, have you tried resetting all scanline settings to default? This was one of my preferred recommendations to reduce moire over fake scanlines - which is a sort of last resort. You may not notice it but apart from the obvious moire pattern, the half of the image with the fake scanlines looks lower resolution that the half without. It’s particularly noticeable on all of the edges of the SCE logo and the text. Compare the edges of the tops and bottoms of the letters in both sides.

I really hope there’s a better way to get rid of the moire pattern.

Things like increasing opposite direction downsampling blur, decreasing horizontal sharpness and turning deconvergence on might also help. Also reducing the mask strength even more. The more diffused and less defined and pronounced the mask and scanlines are, the less likely or less the moire effect should be.

From a distance it seems as if this curvature is causing you to have to send my presets back into the dark ages. Lol, i.e. They seem to be moving in the opposite direction of my recent developments. Things that I took out, one by one are being added.

This is not a complaint by the way, just an observation. Everyone is free to customize their presets to suit their tastes as well as their usage scenarios. I’m merely pointing out the irony of it all.

Nope, I haven’t tried to reset the scanline settings. I can’t tell the difference, dealing with resolution, of both sides, they look the same to me. To get rid of the moire pattern, I think there are multiple different ways to do it.

There is no moire pattern when there is no curvature, so the curvature is 100% the reason why I have to set some settings back.

1 Like

It’s not really image resolution but more like scanline resolution. It looks like the side with the fake scanlines has less scanlines (maybe half?) compared to the side with the moire and mostly in the edges of the shapes and text where it intersects the white background, all edges appear a little more coarse giving it a lower resolution type of appearance at least to my eyes.

It could be because, honestly, I could have set the Fake Scanlines Resolution wrong. I set it to 240 in the picture and in options Internal Resolution is 1x. I don’t know if these are supposed to be the settings.

Edit: A lot of these settings I still don’t know what they do.

This is what it looks like with it set 480 and opacity at 100.

It Looks fine in game.

1 Like

Right! Much better. I knew that screen was hi-res. It’s easy to get the resolution of any game by using the Show Debug Info Setting in the Shader Parameters.

1 Like

Yeah. HyperspaceMadness might make it a little easier.

1 Like