HID compliant USB driver

[QUOTE=netux79;46394]Even when many controllers are supported in other platforms, for the Wii the approach is a bit different, we need add a driver for each of them. So yes, you may be able to get them working but you will need to create the driver and then recompile it all and maybe share your driver so it can be used by someone else with the same controller.

it’s not that hard, the hardest part will be to figure out the mapping of each button and create the corresponding autonconfig file.[/QUOTE]

I take it that the autoconfig file is the Mayflash-Sega-Saturn-to-USB-Adapter.cfg inside autoconfig/udev, because it matches both VID and PID of the adapter. I also remember it recognized the controller with this name in RA for Windows. I would really like to create drivers for both my SNES and SS to USB adapters and attach them here, but I have no knowledge in programming and I wouldn’t know how to actually get this done. Care to give me some directions please? If it helps, I’m pasting the contents of the file here.

input_driver = “udev” input_device = “HuiJia USB GamePad” input_device_display_name = “Mayflash Sega Saturn to USB Adapter”

Hex vid:pid = 0E8F:3010 -> Decimal vid:pid = 3727:12304

input_vendor_id = “3727” input_product_id = “12304”

input_b_btn = “17” input_y_btn = “16” input_start_btn = “25” input_up_btn = “28” input_down_btn = “30” input_left_btn = “31” input_right_btn = “29” input_a_btn = “18” input_x_btn = “19” input_l_btn = “21” input_r_btn = “23” input_l2_btn = “20” input_r2_btn = “22”

input_b_btn_label = “B” input_y_btn_label = “A” input_start_btn_label = “Start” input_up_btn_label = “D-Pad Up” input_down_btn_label = “D-Pad Down” input_left_btn_label = “D-Pad Left” input_right_btn_label = “D-Pad Right” input_a_btn_label = “C” input_x_btn_label = “X” input_l_btn_label = “L” input_r_btn_label = “R” input_l2_btn_label = “Y” input_r2_btn_label = “Z”

This is how it worked when setting udev as driver. I edited this by replacing driver from “udev” to “hid” but that didn’t work. Since I don’t know what do I need to recompile or edit to have support for this, I’m stuck right now. If you could tell me I would get to it when i had a while to spare.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I’m bothersome. It’s a great feature I really want to see.

[QUOTE=spanishnerd;46405]I take it that the autoconfig file is the Mayflash-Sega-Saturn-to-USB-Adapter.cfg inside autoconfig/udev, because it matches both VID and PID of the adapter. I also remember it recognized the controller with this name in RA for Windows. I would really like to create drivers for both my SNES and SS to USB adapters and attach them here, but I have no knowledge in programming and I wouldn’t know how to actually get this done. Care to give me some directions please? If it helps, I’m pasting the contents of the file here.

This is how it worked when setting udev as driver. I edited this by replacing driver from “udev” to “hid” but that didn’t work. Since I don’t know what do I need to recompile or edit to have support for this, I’m stuck right now. If you could tell me I would get to it when i had a while to spare.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I’m bothersome. It’s a great feature I really want to see.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that autoconfig file from udev will not work. That is completely different from what we need in the Wii version. You will need at least some programming skills and follow the directions already in this thread to make them work. I would do it but I need the physical controllers, I did it for those I own.

hi members , i have one of these below its a Mayflash USB SNES Adapter has anyone tried to get it to work in Retroarch ? … btw i use RA 1.2.2 purely as i can choose and save resolutions , is it possible that the Mayflash could work with such a old RA ?

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PC044.html

edit…

ive updated to 1.3.6 and got my Official PS3 Controller working , i have tried my Mayflash SNES unfortunately not working

edit 2…

ive tested the Mayflash SNES Adapter with HIDtest V6 and when i press the buttons on the SNES Controller they register , so it seems it may be possible to make a .cfg file for this Adapter only i dont know how to do that

[QUOTE=s8n;47357]hi members , i have one of these below its a Mayflash USB SNES Adapter has anyone tried to get it to work in Retroarch ? … btw i use RA 1.2.2 purely as i can choose and save resolutions , is it possible that the Mayflash could work with such a old RA ?

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PC044.html

edit…

ive updated to 1.3.6 and got my Official PS3 Controller working , i have tried my Mayflash SNES unfortunately not working

edit 2…

ive tested the Mayflash SNES Adapter with HIDtest V6 and when i press the buttons on the SNES Controller they register , so it seems it may be possible to make a .cfg file for this Adapter only i dont know how to do that[/QUOTE]

1.2.2 Doesn’t have yet the support for the USB controllers.

if the test tool worked then it is very likely it can work on RetroArch 1.3.6, however it is not a matter of creating a config file for it. It will require to write a separate driver for it and also the cfg file. You may found some steps in this same thread on what to do to make it is you wanna try and have some programming skiils.

hi netux , unfortunately i don’t have programming skills. I was wondering about this adapter below working with Retroarch , also i was wondering because it works off the Bluetooth Remote will i get lag ?

http://www.play-asia.com/controller-adapter-super-famicom-super-nintendo-famicom-nes-p/13/703m5n

[QUOTE=s8n;47606]hi netux , unfortunately i don’t have programming skills. I was wondering about this adapter below working with Retroarch , also i was wondering because it works off the Bluetooth Remote will i get lag ?

http://www.play-asia.com/controller-adapter-super-famicom-super-nintendo-famicom-nes-p/13/703m5n[/QUOTE]

hi s8n,

I cannot ensure it as I don’t own one but yes, I think this adapter will work as the controllers may act as a classic controller. You may just need to correctly map each button. Now, the other answer is yes, you will be adding some lag as it is stacking another layer in the setup… but hopefully it won’t be too big or noticeable at all.

curious has the work in here been pushed into the newer retroarch builds? I assume I have to do all the extra work myself to get a F310 logitech controller to work yea? I found the nintendont ini for the controller here https://github.com/Nanolx/nintendont-controller

Yeah, you will need to code a bit in order to add the F310 controller. The nintendont ini info could be helpful for this purpose. With nintendont you don’t need to code because the INI files tells the applications what bit within which byte of the raw data means something. With RA the autoconfig file tell RA which button of the controllers binds to which button in Retropad setup. you the part that maps the bit/byte raw data coming from the controller to RA needs to be hardcoded as a driver.

Hope you can successfully add it, and after that please share so other people with the same controller can use it.

I don’t really understand why RA can’t see all controllers plugged in? No matter what input driver I select, only like 2 or 3 of my controllers show up, and I can never map my 2nd xbox360 controller, just the first. But other programs see every controller plugged in just fine. I’m not even remotely close to being able to understand programming dilemmas, but why can’t that be something that RA does yet?

Anyone got it to work on Wii? I have a generic usb pad and it works flawlessly on Nintendont, even the vibration.

Hello. Have an issue with the connection dualshock3. I’ve done all this steps:

1) download the autonconfig files for HID controllers from the assets download section. 2) Put them in a autoconfig/hid within the retroarch app folder (the one that contains all the cores) 3) start retroarch normally and get into the drivers menu and change joystick driver to “hid” 4) restart retroarch and connect the controller in any usb port. 5) it should detect it, configure it and allow to use it.

As a result, my dualshock3 works fine in menu, but after the loading any rom - all buttons do not respond. LED 1 is lit all the time.

i’ve read this entire thread and can’t get any of my 3 ds3 (1 old sixaxis, 1 ds3 and 1 fake ds3) and also a DS2 with USB adapter (single controller adapter) to work i’ve pasted the hid folder within retroarch’s app folder and set it up to look there for the config files, but all 4 leds on the controllers (always tried 1 at a time) keep blinking

it just doesn’t work :frowning:

i’m using version 1.3.6

Morning pimps, I’ll try to add support for the 8bitdo SN30 pro, I have a controller.ini I use with Nintendont, lets see how it goes :slight_smile:

Hi, I’d like to get my Logitech F510 controller to work on RetroArch Wii too, but I got no luck. I switched it to DInput mode, so it appears as Logitech Rumble Pad 2 in Windows, and there’s an autoconfig file for this controller in “autoconfig/hid” folder, yet no button works. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.