How to use 4play multicontroller adapter with retroarch

4-Play Guide for Retroarch

This is a guide on how to get the Bliss-Box 4-Play controller system adapter to work with retroarch. I was unsure where to post this so it’s here in general

“The 4-play is a universal controller adapter that allows up to four people to play simultaneously. It’s compatible with virtually every controller and peripheral in existence. It uses low cost adapter cables which allow controllers to plug into its HDMI ports. This gives you an unparalleled capacity to play with different types of controllers at once or to swap and configure controllers on the fly. 4-play. It’s the only way to play!”

AS OF NOW ONLY SET TO WORK WITH PLAYER ONE CONTROLLER**

There are a few ways to go about this:

1. Remap the controller every time you switch controllers.

2. Create a per-core config file with that specific systems controller. Example: snes controller with the snes core.

3. (my preferred way) lets you plug in most controllers and just use them (only limited testing but seems to work pretty good.)NOTE: To enable button rotate feature - press all 4 face buttons (i.e triangle, square, x, circle) and start + select, all at the same time. This is in the 4-play manual. It’s hard to press because you don’t want to do this by accident.

When using a snes/ps1 pad you must enable the button rotate feature to make buttons work correctly but most other controllers do not need to be put in this mode.

Here are the autoconfig files and remap files for the windows xinput driver.

These files are for windows only, you have to done manully for linux***

Autoconfig, place in retroarch/autoconfig/xinput folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4_Sovt9wSamellQY3JHRGRjcEk

Remap files, extract to retroarch/config folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4_Sovt9wSameVZ4SU5QWURtNkk

If those files do not work or you would like to set up manually follow this guide.

[INDENT=2]a. Get a ps1/ps2 controller and enable the button rotate feature

b. Then map the ps1/ps2 controller that is in swap mode to retroarch.

c. To make 6 button genesis controllers controllers to work you need to make a remap file in retroarch. Remap files are per-core or per-geme. [/INDENT] [INDENT=3]6 button genesis remap: user1 B = A button user1 A = B button user1 C = R2 user1 Y = x button user1 X = y button user1 Z = L2 [/INDENT] [INDENT=2]

d. For the n64 c buttons to work the c buttons must be mapped in retroarch as the left analogue stick. Also make a remapfile: user1 Z-Trigger = select

[/INDENT]

Hi all, nihilisticEevee came up with this idea. This is a temp fix as we are working with the RA team for a permanent solution that may be available for the new year. If you have any further suggestions let us know.

Marry x-mass (or happy holidays) to all. Bliss-Box Team.

So if I understand this right, this device will allow you to plug in authentic controllers for each system, and your goal is a plug and play solution, so that when a core is selected in RetroArch, up to 4 players (if the system supports it), can play with pre-configured controls?

This is the goal. Think of it like a second option to the already handy virtual retro adapter. I would imaging you could select virtual retro or Bliss-Box. The virtual allows you to configure with many adapters. Bliss-Box would be pre-configured.

Hope you get it working, I’m interested in this, particularly for odd controllers like N64 and Saturn.

More than 1 controller port is now working. Also i am unsure if the reconfiguration files i made still work so it would be best to do it manually.

You have to use a custom firmware for the 4play which gives each port a different id. http://atarigalore.wixsite.com/4play

Download the file on the left called custom flasher.

Then make an auto config profile for each port base on a p1/2 pad in rotate button mode