Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Happy Holidays, friends!

Thanks @hunterk , @guest.r , @Duimon , @HyperspaceMadness for your awesome work :+1:

Loving the glass NTSC preset

6 Likes

Does that mean that all Dell crt monitors were made from Sony? I guess only certain models right?

Here’s an updated table of presets and their old counterparts:

6 Likes

Thanks for the update @HyperspaceMadness ! I just tried the CyberLab__RGB-Sharp__1440p__PVM-Edition__ADV.slangp but it does not look good at all, it’s extremely blurry. The old version from @Cyber looks better.

1 Like

Hi @Tromzy, you can use the updated Shader Preset Package on my thread in the meantime. The blurriness is due to a very recent change in settings behaviour in HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader. I’ve updated my presets to cater for this.

1 Like

Okay, so I just read Cyber’s topic and my issue is the same as @Fab. So I toned down the Downsample Blur from 100 to 34 and the blurriness disappeared !

2 Likes

Thanks @HyperspaceMadness , I don’t know if you saw it but I posted an updated Shader Preset Pack earlier for you.

Don’t worry. Pretty soon I’ll learn how to do commits and pull requests. Lol

2 Likes

It’s not related to rev3, but I want to share one thing.

I have a sony pvm-14l2. And I tried tweaking my hsm preset color to make it look like 14l2. Of course, the color profile of guest.r was useful, but it seemed to be lacking somewhere.

Then I combined it with the shader’s post crt brightness option and got good results. I don’t know the mechanism of that option, but it seems to be clearly different from simple brightness.

The picture above is PVM-14L2, and the picture below is my lg monitor.

Wow, Isn’t it close enough?

7 Likes

Very nice! I love the side by side comparison! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! I’m completely blown away by this! It’s like we’ve reached!!

Do you mind sharing your colour tweak settings for future reference?

This is nothing short of amazing!!

Congratulations Team Mega Bezel!!

Sure, This is my settings.

CRT Brightness : 200 / Color Grade : 0(off) / GDV’s Color profile : 5 / Color temperature(WP) : 25 / Saturation adjustment : 90 / Strentgh GlOW : 0 / Scanline type : 1 / Scanline beam max: 1.5 / Horizontal sharpness : 7.8 / Mask type : 5 / Mask strength : 0.15

However, the color is significantly affected by the user’s environment. So I would like to comment precisely on the monitor settings.

1. My monitor is currently in srgb emulation mode. And I set it to 6500k, 160cd, 2.2 gamma through calibration. If you don’t get this right, you won’t get results like my screenshots.

2. Also, the color temperature of My PVM-14L2 is set to 6500k. Since the color profile of guest.r was made based on a Sony monitor of 9300k, So I raised the white point.(0->25)

3. Furthermore, these settings were implemented in hsm shaders of previous version. Therefore, It is difficult to apply to the current hsm mega bezel. In particular, sharpness could be different. cause as some have mentioned, there is a blurry issue now.

6 Likes

This is something I will try to fix soon, so the screen behaviour is the same as before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But seriously, these particular settings in this Shader Preset look pretty definitive to me! In the vein of preservation, you seemed to have nailed it and passed the Pepsi challenge, at least for me and I suspect most of us here as well.

Will you be willing to share your preset in the standard posting format or as a .slangp file?

Congrats on the release! Thanks a lot for all of your effort and such a wonderful gift to the retro gaming community! :metal: :sunglasses: :metal:

I’m amazed with the great performance saving with this release. Now I can even run an Advanced preset without an heavy fps dips! :star_struck:

I started to migrate to the new shader release along with yet another stunning release from @Duimon graphic presets. Along the way through the N64, I find out that I can’t seem to be able to use flip option in “Tube Static Reflection Image” parameter.

Tried to flip core video output from core settings in ParaLLEl N64 core but there is no such option there :upside_down_face:

So decided to do it through Flip & Rotate shader parameters but that doesn’t rotate the tube reflection image.

Any suggestion? Sorry if there is too obvious solution out there if so I should take a brake. It might be the case I’m pretty overwhelmed with the migration process. There are too many systems! :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, why not. If someone needs it, I’m happy too.

And I hope that those who have other models like JVC, Ikegami will also share their presets. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi, I think this might be an oversight on my part, just a bug which needs to be fixed. If the rest of the graphics look right side up it is a reasonable expectation that the tube highlight should also be right side up :slightly_smiling_face: and not upside down :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Go Go bug squad!! :partying_face:

Keep them coming everyone.

Let’s do some squashing! :grin:

3 Likes

Tell me about it. :hushed:

I’ve been buried in presets for so many weeks, I felt like I might forget how to create a graphic. :wink:

Thankfully I remembered. :innocent:

3 Likes

For those of you using non 16x9 screens. Everyone of my ADV and STD presets that can possibly support it are now using the split scaling for the graphics and will automatically fit the screen.

Even 4x3 works. :grin:

If you switch to windowed mode and resize the window… it works well for some casual gaming off to the side. (To create a more productive environment. :wink:)

4 Likes

I honestly can’t even slightly understand how you guys can manage through all these shaders and graphics all this time :exploding_head:

If it wasn’t for true passion, I don’t think these amazing projects could ever gone this far and scale. I wouldn’t have think of a ‘thanks’ word would remain this bald to express an appreciation :smile:

2 Likes