Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

You can also try changing the [ Curvature ] >> “CRT Curvature Scale Multiplier” to 0 which will remove curvature on the game image while leaving the bezel the same.

3 Likes

log of hsm potato crashing snes9x2010. still getting framebuffer 1024x1024, idk if i missed a setting somewhere or what. snes9x2010 doesn’t even have a scaling option that i know of.

another log of swanstation crashing, i disabled every enhancement. you can see the core loading 320x240 but still creating framebuffer 1024

2 Likes

Have you tried Beetle PSX and Higan cores? You can also try the Zfast base preset or MBZ_3_STD presets.

Yeah, this is really strange I haven’t seen this before, and I have no idea why it’s doing this, as I mentioned on Discord it would be good to try GLCORE.

As a comparison, it would be a good idea to try loading crt-Royale form the shaders_slang/crt folder and see if it loads and what the log says.

2 Likes

Has anyone suggested updating your GPU drivers?

The Potato crash on older Nvidia drivers.

2 Likes

Coming from a Shield TV user himself I’ll just tell you this, even if you get it working it’s slow as hell. My Shield is rooted and I even overclocked it and let me tell you, it’s sluggish no matter which shader you choose. Your best bet if you want bezels is to head over to the Bezel Project page and get everything from there. The Shield simply can’t handle these Mega Bezel Reflection shaders.

3 Likes

Or you could try my overlays if you like.:grin:

3 Likes

Yeah if anyone wants simple yet very nicely made overlays, I think @Duimon has made simple overlays of almost all of his presets.

2 Likes

Hello. Thanks SO much for your shaders, they look amazing from what I’ve tested so far. However, I’m really confused, I don’t see the plethora of presets that are shown in Orions Angel’s YouTube HyperSpaceMadness tutorial. In particular, from the file links in the OP, I do not see any generic/simple reflection presets without the bezels so that I can use a overlay of my choosing. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

@Cyber I tried beetle and it also crashed, I didn’t think to get a log of it though. zfast-crt works fine, MBZ_3_STD, or any megabezel preset causes crashes

@HyperspaceMadness android doesn’t support GLCore so no go there. CRT-Royale also causes crashes, as well as dr-Venom

@sonkun good to know, I’ll probably just stick to crt-geom and put some overlays up

thanks for the help, everyone.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum!

For @Orionsangel’s presets you will need to refer to his their thread.

Check out this one, it should have what you are asking for which is a preset with no background or frame

Mega_Bezel\Presets\Variations\Reflect-Only__ADV.slangp

While it is possible to have a preset which does the reflection then add an graphic on top using Retroarch’s standard overlay system, what I usually recommend with the Mega Bezel is to set the graphics directly in your preset, because then you only have one file to manage which will set both the shader as well as the graphics.

The preset would look something like this inside:

#reference "<YourPathHere>/Mega_Bezel/Presets/Variations/Reflect-Only__ADV.slangp"
TopLayerImage = "YourAwesomeTexture.png"

This will take the reflection only preset and drop the image on top.

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

I came across another issue once again. I set a certain shader to be my Core preset for FBNeo, so all FBNeo games should have that shader.

The problem is that, while most games are fine, the vertical games, such as 1941, 1942, Aero Fighters, Batsugun, etc, will instead become stretched to fit the shader, making it stretched to become horizontal.

I found the option “Rotate CRT” in Shader Parameters, which is exactly what I needed to fix it! Vertical games display correctly if I enable that. Also, I already disabled “Allow rotation”, which is important for FBNeo, like the instructions at the top of the forum say.

However, I have 500+ FBNeo ROMs, and it would take ages to manually enable that option and set the edited shader as Game Preset for every vertical game among all of those.

Is there a way to automatically rotate the shader according to what game is being played?

4 Likes

Not currently. The easiest way to do this now would be to put your vertical games in a different folder. (i.e. FB-Neo_Vertical) Then use Content Directory presets.

4 Likes

Yeah I really want this to work like this as well. It’s on my TODO list so add the required feature to retroarch. I got partway through adding it, but it is paused for the moment as I get some other things out the door :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and concise, friendly answers - I really appreciate it! Yes, the Reflect-Only_ADV was exactly what I was looking for. Fantastic job on these! I haven’t looked, do you have a donation link?

3 Likes

I would think that it only takes a couple of seconds after loading a vertical game for the first time to go into Shader Parameters adjust Rotate CRT and also crop settings while you’re at it if need be then click back, Save, Save Game Preset.

Don’t try to edit it from the shader preset slang files, just do it from the menu as you go along.

You set it once per new vertical game load then forget it.

Yea it only takes a couple seconds but when your dealing with multiple hundreds of games, that quickly becomes a slight time sink.

3 Likes

You don’t have to pre-setup all the hundreds of games before you actually play any though. Just a few seconds when you’re actually going to play a game for the first time then maybe never again.

1 Like

This is solved as much as it can be for now. :slightly_smiling_face:

The issue here is that you are assuming they are only doing this for themselves.

I have hundreds of sports games on my HTPC that I will never play myself, but I made sure to set up perfectly for my guests.

5 Likes

j’espère aussi une automatisation du process car c’est vraiment pas pratique quand cest les enfants qui joue “papa Ya un problème” et ca 10 fois par jours haaha mais bon je suis tellement reconnaissant du travail abattue déjà que je reste persuader que sais petites manipulation durerons un temps

3 Likes