Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Setting up an entertainment system can be a lot of work, regardless of any automation. It is worth doing well, and you can be comforted by the fact that it only needs to be done once.

I have hundreds of hours into my HTPC. Once I have it where I want it I just never update anything.

3 Likes

Yeahhhhhh… I honestly have 1000’s of hours of work into my media library.

Maintaining your own library is one of the largest timesinks I’ve ever encountered :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks for making presets for my bezels. I just don’t have the time. So I appreciate everyone who’s helping out.

4 Likes

Hello guys,

I’m trying to fix the game orientation inside the Tv. I have already searched inside the shaders parameters ( flip and rotate section) without success…

thanks in advance for any help

2 Likes

Instead, try the orientation parameter. Although it might look strange on this preset.

2 Likes

3 parameters have to be changed for this game.

[Flip & Rotate]
    Flip Core Image Vertical: 1
    Flip Core Image Horizontal: 1
    Rotate CRT Tube: 1

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips and thanks a lot for the great preset ! :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot ! it works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hello, I’m using the “MBZ__0__SMOOTH-ADV” shader, I use it on all consoles, but for example, when I use it on the ds it’s a bit weird to see the curved screen, is there a way to configure that same shader but without the curved screen, or download that same shader but without the curved screen, I would really like to know if it could be done. thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You can do this by setting the curvature mode to 0 in the shader parameters, you can find it here

[ CURVATURE ]: > Curvature Mode

1 Like

I just did it and it worked, really thank you very much, it has helped me a lot, you are the best.

3 Likes

This is the best stuff not just for gaming, but watching old animes too! I’m enjoying so much, it’s a time machine back to my childhood, where I play my oldschool games and watch animes! Anything equal or higher than 1280x720p I use VLC player, anything below that now I use Retroarch, and looks great!

8 Likes

I agree with you 100% and I think RetroArch devs should pay a bit more attention too. I wish FFMPEG core was compatible with a wider range of video formats or maybe they could make it compatible with system installed codecs.

I recently learned that there was another media player core called MPV or something like that.

4 Likes

@HyperspaceMadness will there be a way to have the bezel set behind the background image in the future?

4 Likes

You can do that now by adjusting the layer order. You can also use any image layer as the “Background” layer. i.e. Cabinet, Decal, Top Extra etc.

4 Likes

Thanks Duimon. Yeah all I had to do is change the CRT Screen Layer order.

4 Likes

I have updated Nvidia drivers to the latest 512.77 version, clean Retroarch download, latest 05212022 build, latest update for mega bezel in the correct folder, .retroarch\shaders\slang_shaders\bezel\mega_bezel, for some reason, any presets are failing to load, the log returns this:

“R:\Emulators\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-post-crt-prep-potato.slang”. [ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create preset: “R:\Emulators\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\MBZ__5__POTATO.slangp”. [ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create filter chain: “R:\Emulators\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\MBZ__5__POTATO.slangp”. Falling back to stock. [INFO] [Config]: Saved new config to “R:\Emulators\Retroarch\retroarch.cfg”

Driver is Vulkan, integer scale off, scaling full, loading other crt shaders from dr.guest, lottes, etc work fine. What does Failed to create filter chain mean, any ideas?

1 Like

If I remember properly it is caused by a shader file looking for a file in the wrong directory.

1 Like

That is the proper folder structure. The MBZ__5__POTATO file references MBZ_5__POTATO__GDV-MINI which than has shader9 pointing to “…/…/shaders/HyperspaceMadness/hsm/hsm-post-crt-prep-potato.slang”.

I would say just make sure the file exists in that exact directory.

Edit: Looking at it more I think it is stating that MBZ__5__POTATO can’t load because it can’t find hsm-post-crt-prep-potato.slang in the directory that the shader is pointing to.

1 Like

Hi all,

Are there any concerns with OLED burn-in using these static borders? For example, the default bezel with square pattern?

My understanding is OLED burn in is caused by pixel brightness, therefore black is set at 0 pixel brightness (off), however, I’m not sure what effect the grey portion would have. I figure a white pixel will have a higher brightness value vs grey, but what about red, for instance?

I guess most play sessions wouldn’t last long enough to cause burn-in anyway.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

1 Like