I don't have the option to scale PSX games

Hi,

Is there a way to enable or show the option called “Internal GPU resolution” in PSX cores?

I’ve tried Beetle PSX HW, Beetle PSX and PCSX Rearmed, but in their core options I don’t have the setting for change the resolution of the games (x2, x4). It’s a fresh install of Retroarch 1.6.7 on Windows.

You have to load some content (e.g., a game) before the core options will populate.

Yes, I did that and still don’t have that option. There are other settings, but not the “Internal GPU resolution”

Dunno what to tell you. I’m looking at it on my screen right now:

Are you sure that you are in the correct menu? Press F1 while you are PLAYING a game. There are a sub menu of the core, , not libretro.

HunterK , whats is the name of that system test?

It’s called PSXTEST.EXE. It’s available in the online updater’s Content Downloader, IIRC.

1 Like

Hi. When I load a game, and press F1:

And when I enter the Beetle PSX HW core options:

It is weird, because I remember to see that “Internal GPU resolution” option on the same computer with Ubuntu.

That’s not Beetle-PSX-HW, it’s PCSX-ReARMed, which only supports 2x resolution and that only is available for ARM+NEON devices.

I swear I loaded the Beetle PSX HW core, but when loaded the content it maybe switched to PCSX rearmed :confused:

Anyways, It must be a content related issue, because I downloaded that PSXTEST.EXE and now I have that option.

Thanks anyways :blush:

2 Likes

Hi there, i am having exactly the same problem, how do i fix this, my menu is like davmanypsp’s

It’s because you’re using the PCSX-ReARMed core instead of Beetle-PSX. PCSX-ReARMed can’t do upscaling on non-ARM hardware (e.g., Windows PCs).

You must change the content/core associations in the ps1 playlist & retroarch.cfg

yes at first a bit confusing between history, favorites and loading content with which core.

if wanting to be sure just load content and then select core (beetle hw), and then you can add to favorite.

btw for me setting internal resolution to 2x / 4x cause choppy sound, and a bit lagging (native is good)

but when playing ps2 games using pcsx2 with internal resolution to 2x / 4x have no problem…i guess it’s retroarch issue

If 2x is making it choppy, you’re probably not really using one of the hardware renderers and it’s doing scaling in software, which is very demanding.

My pc can’t move 2X with mednafen :fire:

This intel core 2 duo at 2.66Ghz with Ati 4870 that don’t do nothing, uff,

only Epsxe, or another emulators with GPU use.

Same problem with Desmume and some games. bottleneck

And leaving retroarch I can play Guilty Gear Rev2 at 1080p, it’s like wtf,