I made a Nightly Updater Program

Is there no way besides using GZip?
Maybe the people who are in charge of the server could lend a hand?

There is a way to do without GZip, Iā€™m trying to make a switch.

It detects if GZip is disabled, switches to Uncompressed. Then checks if server is missing files, switches raw to buildbot.

Excellent, that should be fail proof.

@James-F @lfan

https://stellarupdater.github.io

Update 0.8.8

Change Log

• Added raw and buildbot server switch
  • Updated Manual

Notes

I removed GZip support as it is working without it now, which prevents having to make 2 server requests (1 gzip, 1 uncompressed) and is easier on the server traffic.

If it does not work correctly when the servers return to normal I will add back in the GZip code and release a small fix.

1 Like

Fantastic,
Thank You!

I will report if anything goes wrong again.

iā€™m on the latest beta and cant change the raw the download server. Always defaults to raw.libretro. and does not change to buildbot directory. I know that i have outdated cores. Already cleared settings and the issue persists. Am i doing something wrong?

You are on version 0.8.8? I just tested and it switched to buildbot and downloaded.

Cores download should be working, it also worked in the old version. It was just the RetroArch exe update that had the problem because the files are missing on the raw server.

Go here C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\Stellar

Delete any folders and files in that directory. Relaunch Stellar, and choose your RetroArch path again.

Im on 0.8.8.0-beta. I got it from github is that the last version? I performed the update right from the app. Is there a way to change the download directory?

Edit: Also deleted the config folders. Re-selected the RA folder and nothing. Iā€™m going to download the program again.

0.8.8 is the latest version. What is it doing when you press download?

It stays on raw server and an error pops up?

It stays in raw. I always perform a checking first and it always says all my cores are up to date. I know they are outdated there are several that i havenā€™t updated in months and there are new versions available in buildbot. Iā€™ll download the program again and report back tomorrow.

Same problem for me. Stuck on raw, even after a fresh reinstall :frowning:

After doing the reinstall and deleting the config files again it works. Now it auto changes to buildbot. Is that how it supposed to work?

Yes.

Post must be at least 20 characters.

It will switch to buildbot when the raw files are offline. I was told to use raw over buildbot, but now it just uses whichever is available.

Go here C:\Users[your name]\AppData\Local\Stellar

Delete any folders and files in that directory. Relaunch Stellar, and choose your RetroArch path again.

Is it possible to select between raw and builbot in a future version?

Iā€™ll plan to add a dropdown menu switch in the next version. Iā€™ll also leave in the automatic switch in case the server selected fails.

It looks like there should be raw/builbot switch in 0.8.8.0-beta, but I donā€™t see one. Clicking on the list icon on the right just takes me to the page.

there inst yet. @wyzrd mentioned that it will be added in the next release. Right now it keeps defaulting to RAW and wont find new updates.

Well, github release page says otherwrise.

ā€œChangelog v0.8.8.0-beta Added raw and buildbot server switchā€