Input broken (Fire TV)

Mine does not support bluetooth. A conflict with USB keyboards must be the problem. Mine comes up as Logitech USB Receiver,and I am using a Logitech K400r.

Is there any crazy way to simulate bluetooth via USB?

Strange though,I can control the RGUI menu (and the other two alternate ones),but when it comes to trying to map keys,it does not respond to any key I press during that mapping phase.

You need to set binding mode to keyboard

Still no good,it even reverts to retropad when starting up again. There is no main settings option to change that either. I did find out that C-buttons are handled by holding R2 and pressing A,B,X,or Y which is pretty nifty. Though L3 and R3 are not listed for N64 core functions,one could be used for analog switching for use on d-pad and the other for maybe hold with a button for turbo on that button. I tried setting that d-pad switcher to analog and even switched to Retropad w/Analog,but it still ignores my pressing of the binded cursor keys.

While I am here,Gex 3 on N64 (controllable with d-pad) has terrible issues on Dynamic Recompiler since you canā€™t even start playing because he gets stuck inside the floor after the cutscenes. Interpreter is fine but obviously slower. Somehow I got Rice to run it until the island scene wanted to start,then it exited as usual. Must be a 3D render handling crash issue,despite the shiny chromed Crave logo displaying.

Then again,the core is in pretty rough shape since Super Mario 64 has a high degree of visual issues on the only functional GFX plugin,Glide64. It canā€™t be just ARM architecture or Qualcommā€™s fault since my x86 Intel Android device has identical graphic quirks like the same missing polygons on Mupen64Plus AE Alpha 3.0 with either device. This is primarily an Android problem. I think the mupen64plus core needs a lot of under the hood work done to it. I wonder if the core will also get GlideN64 eventually whenever Gonetz/Sergey Lipsky thinks it is ready to be released for Android.

Is it possible to make a core for 1964 since it is also portable? Retroarch has the mupen64plus core running on javascript via toadking and 1964js is also a thing,so it HAS to be ā€œpossibleā€ at least. (there is also Daedalusā€™ n64js)

Darn my habit of making huge walls of text!

Sorry 'bout that wall thar.

I just found out what I was doing wrong that you didnā€™t mentionā€¦ Turn off autoconfig within RGUI and proceed to mapping actions below. (maybe also set user count to 1 if P1 only or more as needed. Argh! it still fails to respond when I try the ā€œbind allā€ setting. So far,I managed to bind fast forward hold,slow motion,pause,enter menu (RGUI),and rewind.

Pause is not working correctly,I press and it keeps going,but if held,it is paused. Obviously,that means it is missing the toggle function.

My keys are coming up as numbers. (Backspace reads as Key 67) I will now try to find out how to map analog on my cursor keys or IKJL keys.

Since this is the most active FireTV related thread, I hope you guys donā€™t mind me posting a problem I have which I canā€™t seem to find a workaround.

Anyone here has tried using a DualShock3 with Sixaxis with the FireTV? The Nightlies donā€™t seem to have the option of ā€œBehavior of the Back Buttonā€ like in the official release, and because of this I donā€™t have the means to exit or pull out the Menu on RetroArch (since the FTV has no hardware ā€œBackā€ and ā€œMenuā€ buttons like most Phones and Tablets". The same problem I have with the official release, only in that case I donā€™t have the option to rebind the Start, Select and PS1 buttons since it doesnā€™t have autoconfig.

tldr; On Nightlies I canā€™t exit or Menu, on official I canā€™t use Start and Select since it bound to hardware ā€œBack and Menuā€

Iā€™m using autoconfig enabled by the way since if I donā€™t use it it wonā€™t detect my controller at all.

You could bind menu to a button. Personally I use L3/R3. L3 as hockey toggle and R3 as menu. So I have to hold L3 and press R3 to to back.

To do that just start RetroArch and select the first option on the android menu (Load RetroArch) then do your stuff and exit

[QUOTE=Radius;19332]You could bind menu to a button. Personally I use L3/R3. L3 as hockey toggle and R3 as menu. So I have to hold L3 and press R3 to to back.

To do that just start RetroArch and select the first option on the android menu (Load RetroArch) then do your stuff and exit[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I tried to do this is the Input tab in the settings. I disabled autodetect and bound all buttons in my sixaxis using the ā€œdetectā€ thingy. When I launched a game none of my bindings were detected.

This is on the 27th nightly btw. Let me try your instructions. My method of binding might be wrong.

Try enabling autoconfig after you set custom bindings,I had the same issue where bindings would not work with autoconfig disabled.

Donā€™t use the android menu it breaks stuff, just do stuff from RGUI instead, weā€™re still debating about what to do with the android menu.

Rewind is not giving me ANY performance issues besides the obvious problem with 3D graphics on the mupen64plus and desmume cores. Even the slow (on Qualcomm Krait/Adreno [email protected]) bsnes core didnā€™t go any slower with rewind enabled! Snes9x Next can even run Donkey Kong Country at perfectly smooth 60fps when rewind is enabled!

Something strange I noticed and sorta mentioned,my keys are letters (as they should be) in the Android menu while they are instead listed as numbers in the RGUI menuā€¦ I now have a glitch where the UI stays printed on the screen when I hit resume game instead of the mapped menu action I did. It only started to happen when I binded the menu action to the blue menu function button. (FN+Right Ctrl)

Perhaps cloning the functions and feature listing of RGUI etc. and placing it all in the main settings somehow?

How do I try the Lakka GUI?

Itā€™s not that easyā€¦ I have asked them to remove the android menu and I hope that happens.

No idea of your new issue youā€™re doing weird stuff

[QUOTE=Radius;19332]You could bind menu to a button. Personally I use L3/R3. L3 as hockey toggle and R3 as menu. So I have to hold L3 and press R3 to to back.

To do that just start RetroArch and select the first option on the android menu (Load RetroArch) then do your stuff and exit[/QUOTE]

Would this ā€œbind keys using RGUIā€ work on the official release or just the Nightlies?

just on nightlies, 1.0.0.2 is too old now

Thanks for all the help brother.

By the way, why was the ā€œBack Button behaviorā€ removed in the nightlies? I for one thin that itā€™s very useful

I see some people here having luck with the nightly updates, but me personally i havenā€™t gotten the nightly to recognize (in game) my wireless xbox 360 controller OR a keyboard evenā€¦ it is odd i can go under custom bindings and set up the 360 controller, but once i load a game nothing works at allā€¦

Forgot to mention this is on a rooted Amazon Fire TVā€¦

I bought a fire stick (couldnā€™t find a fire tv) and mapped the remote just fine. (I had a supported controller so it was really easy)

Hi, I have a Fire TV Cube 2nd gen with RetroArch (1.15.0) installed from the Amazon App Store. I also have a Fire TV Game Controller (Luna). When I go to Settings > Input > Port 1 Controls, the device index is ā€œAmazon Fire TV Remoteā€. Ok, so I click on the select button of the remote. In slot 2, ā€œAmazon Fire Game Controllerā€ (Luna) is displayed. I then select the Game Controller and I am unable to move anywhere in the menus. Its not frozen because one single button in the TV Remote, the ā€œmenuā€ button changes the ā€œDevice Indexā€ back to the TV remote. I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated Thank you!.

1 Like