[iOS Jailbroken] — RetroArch 1.8.1 and other emulators (Cydia & Sileo)

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker,

I have just tried it out, and have the following idea

_ I don’t have any game controller, so I don’t respond to this part because I only play on Iphone

_The combined version - DolphinIOS is good at first running into the game but when exit to springboard and re-enters, it freezes and cannot be reopened unless reboot and JB again.

_ 2 separate versions are work well, except for not being able to access the settings in the main menu and still can’t escape the sandbox.

_ One thing, Can you confirm Retroarch in your repo can play PS2? Because after loading the Sony-Playstation 2 (Play!) Core and loading the game, it crashed.

My device XS Max, 12.1.2 - Chimera JB.

@ryuuji can you try the official repo version (that has no mfi controller support) and tell me if it still can’t be opened after exiting ?

https://cydia.oatmealdome.me

(You will need to remove this repo if you want my version to still appear in Cydia afterwards)

For the Play! emulator core, it doesn’t work yet… It just compiled thanks to @jet082 but he couldn’t get it to work…

Hi @Weedy_Weed_Smoker, with official repo version got the same error as reported. Hope that next version upgrade will fix this error.

Thank you for your information about PS2 core - Retroarch.

@ryuuji Ok, that clears any doubts for me, thanks… If you can, just switch to Unc0ver! It is officially supported, and it’s the better jailbreak anyway…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker I will follow your advice as soon as I have free time. Thanks as always.

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

Don’t mean to sound dumb, but will the MiFi controls (Nimbus) work with UnCover on IOS 12.0.1, using the DolphiniOS?

@FlashyLatin Actually, I have no supported devices on iOS 12 anymore, and nobody confirmed that yet… On the other hand, only people using Chimera were complaining about MFI not working, so, there’s that! :wink:

I think you’ll be the beta-tester for that! :joy:

Using Unc0ver will fix the app not reopening, though…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

I’m good with that. I’ll jailbreak an iPhone 7 Plus that i have on iOS 12 and report back. iPhone XS Max can’t be jailbroken on the newest iOS 13.3, can they?

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

I also don’t have a Mac and I’m too dumb to run a Mac emulator on my Windows 10 pc.

@FlashyLatin Yeah, iOS 13 can be jailbroken only up to iPhone X, and iPad Pro 2, at the time…

But stay on iOS 13.2.3 (or downgrade to it) on the iPhone XS Max, as a jailbreak might come soon-ish for that!

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

I have access to a few devices at the house. I have my XS Max, iPad Pro (1st Gen), iPhone 7 Plus, 2 iPhone XRs, and an iPhone 11 Pro ( my wife wanted to one up me) :/. One XR is on 13.3, iPhone 11 Pro is on 13.3, everything else is on 12.something. So I can upgrade the iPad to iOS 13.3 for now, how can I specifically upgrade or to 13.2.3?

Up to the iPhone X, and iPad Pro 2, you can update to the latest version, as checkra1n takes care of pretty much everything…

You must jailbreak from a Mac, though, so your best bet with a Windows-only machine would be to download a pre-made OSX virtual machine to use with VMware!

To upgrade (to downgrade, you’ll need to restore…) to 13.2.3 specifically, you’ll need to download and install it while it’s still being signed (not for too long anymore unfortunately…)!

Download the firmware from ipsw.me, and shift-click update (or restore, if you must… It’s alt-click on a Mac…) in iTunes to select the ipsw you downloaded! (While it’s still being signed, it will appear in green in the ipsw.me website…)

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

Sounds good, I’ll let you know what I do. Thanks for the info! Appreciate all you do sir. Cheers and happy holidays.

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

Good afternoon sir, hope you had a great Christmas (if you celebrate it of course). I tried UnC0ver on iOS 12, but no luck. I just updated DolphinIOS and it’s now supporting Chimera (experimentally), based on know issues it seems like they are aware that MFi support is currently not working and they are actively working on getting it fixed. I thought I would follow up. Here’s to a bright and prospective New Year’s of emulating.

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

What’s new with RetroArch? I just saw an update to it. Is the Dolphin Emulator working on iOS for it yet?

@FlashyLatin Yeah, I updated RetroArch and Dolphin yesterday to the latest versions!

The most notable change in RetroArch is that you can now update all your cores at once, and for Dolphin it’s the new version supporting Chimera, but with MFI/PS4/Xbox One sticks support added in!

I had to update the buildbots to include CRC32 checksums for each and every core, as the new “Update all your cores” function in RetroArch crashed if I didn’t include it, and I actually didn’t know what was that random string next to the cores (in the buildbot’s index) that wasn’t the github’s commit version…

I didn’t update the topic yet because I’ve been trying to get a new certificate for the AppleTV, but the first retailer I’ve been to didn’t allow me to connect to their display AppleTV, the second one had an official demo unit that didn’t allow connecting to, and the third one was closing…

I’ ll make a new one as soon as I upload new IPA’s too!

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

Dolphin core crashes as soon as I load the game on RetroArch. I’m trying Resident Evil 4.

@FlashyLatin Dolphin core is not working yet…

Hence the DolphiniOS standalone emu! :wink:

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker

When are you dropping that DolphiniOS 2.0? Lol

My laptop doesn’t turn on anymore, I will try to find an alternative, but I couldn’t get the RetroArch 1.8.2 IPAs neither because of that…