[iOS/tvOS] — RetroArch 1.9.0 + cores & emulators (Download/Cydia repo)

:grin: thanks again. Already in use

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker dont sell yourself short also re-added missing core options (mesen-s). Also, any thoughts on the softpatching issue or the issues in the github post i linked to?

@Trebrick Yeah, I’m actually compiling a new version which will hopefully add that back (as well as cheats and rewind) to the Metal version…

Stay tuned!

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker oh cool i thought it was going to be something much more difficult to fix, as in just 1.9 in general for ios/tvos. Screenshots too? Or is that for sure broke

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

1 Like

Ok! The repo has been updated just now… The new version has an option to automatically hide the overlay when a gamepad is connected, it’s actually quite useful on iOS!

@Trebrick You can test softpatching, rewind, cheats… And screenshots too!

EDIT: IPA versions just finished uploading too!

3 Likes

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker you the man! Lol all is working now! Cheats, rewind, screenshots, and softpatching. Say it all the time but truly appreciate your work thanks again!

1 Like

Now just need that screen glitch to go away. But that pails in comparison to all that u just did

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker should i link this post to the poster of that github issue?

@Trebrick Yeah, ok!

I will probably make a pull request that will fix this in the next official version, too, if YoshiSuga doesn’t…

Hi @Weedy_Weed_Smoker, can you either make a PR or let me know which preprocessor flags we need to add for the rewind and screenshots? I already made the PR for the cheats that got merged to master. Apologies for leaving those out - I had thought I copied them over for the metal Xcode project.

1 Like

@harakari2 Hi Yoshi!

The flags are:

-DHAVE_PATCH
-DHAVE_REWIND
-DHAVE_SCREENSHOTS

I also added back

-DHAVE_RWAV
-DHAVE_BTSTACK

I think BTstack can be useful for non-MFI controllers, and it should be added back to the iOS6 version too I think…

I had to track down the commit that broke BTstack support on iOS and twinaphex managed to fix it after 3 attempts!

For the tvOS versions, I added back

-DHAVE_OVERLAY

I modified the configuration.c file by removing this line 2481:

#ifdef RARCH_MOBILE
      if (string_is_empty(settings->paths.path_overlay))
            fill_pathname_join(settings->paths.path_overlay,
                  settings->paths.directory_overlay,
                  "gamepads/flat/retropad.cfg",
                  sizeof(settings->paths.path_overlay));
#endif

But I was thinking, would it hinder some functionality if the tvOS versions defined

-DRARCH_CONSOLE

instead of

-DRARCH_MOBILE

That way we could add back overlay support for tvOS without the retropad overlay taking over by default?

What do you think?

I can submit a PR if you want… Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @Weedy_Weed_Smoker and @harakari2 for the work you do to keep the ios/tvos versions going. Shot in the dark but any chance adding back chd cheevos support is as easy as adding Dhave_chd? Lol. Also, just curious, whats dhave_rwav?

@Trebrick Something must be broken in the CHD handling or Cheevos code, I’m kinda clueless on that (as I don’t really know sh*t about coding, I’m just compiling stuff and trying to get everything working fine if it broke somehow)…

I have common sense though, and I’m very passionate about everything I do, so there’s that! :wink:

YoshiSuga on the other hand is a real coder, and it’s thanks to him that we now have a future-proof Metal version for iOS! (Thanks @harakari2!)

I’m guessing -DHAVE_RWAV is related to menu sounds or something, but I don’t think it works on iOS yet if that’s the case…

yah figured the chd thing was different. Hey coder or not getting things done. And even if you are just changing/re adding lines in … isnt that coding…kinda. Anyways, wish i could use my common sense too lol have to get read up on compiling. And yes thanks again @harakari2 @Weedy_Weed_Smoker Oh did you have to add in dhave_rwav to get something else working?

Speaking of menu sounds. Minor issue but when ‘BGM’ sound is enabled on tvos version it continues to play when airplaying content to the appletv so both things are heard( if in the retroarch app at time of airplaying). Other apps will pause any music/video. Guessing this is a coding problem too? Feel bad but im just putting issues out there, not saying hey get this done. Lol

Thanks @Weedy_Weed_Smoker! I created the PR to add those back:

I’m not sure about the overlay for tvOS - I’m curious, what’s the use case for having an overlay? If you can create a PR for that though that would be great :slight_smile:

You don’t need to code to contribute by the way - just using the app, whether through the official release or through @Weedy_Weed_Smoker’s repo, suggesting improvements, logging issues - I’m glad that people are using it on iOS and I’m happy to keep this going for iOS retro game enthusiasts (and myself!).

1 Like

@harakari2 when it comes to overlays for tvos i use them for the game music emulator. For instance with DKC i pick a dk themed border and then add usually the title screen thumb to the middle and turn down the opacity. Looks much better that way. Also, i dont, but do people not use scanlines or bezels or borders for 4:3 games?

@Trebrick Hum… I just noticed there is actually a -DHAVE_CHD which is defined in the macOS project but not on iOS/tvOS, you might actually be right with this!

I can’t try right now, but this may just be the fix for CHD’s not working with achievements…

I’ll try to compile a version for you to try later, maybe tomorrow!

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker Truly hope its that easy for a change haha Might be the same as whats happening here though https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/10841