[iOS/tvOS] — RetroArch 1.9.0 + cores & emulators (Download/Cydia repo)

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker just curious, do you know why the official cores wont correctly add manually? I use yours and thanks for adding the new ones, just wondering really. Im guessing permissions or something? I just remember it working while back

@Trebrick The cores permissions should read root:mobile, you can check them in Filza with the little :information_source: on the right…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker yah they arent correct, but changing it doesnt help

I know that on a Mac you can re-sign the new IPA and the cores inside with iOS App Signer

:blue_heart::blue_heart: wew :3 :blue_heart::blue_heart:

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

Thank you @Darnassus for helping me fix the fix for the sandbox escape not working on some jailbreaks/iOS versions!

You were very helpful, would recommend you 10/10! :wink:

Hey @Weedy_Weed_Smoker i mentioned this while back and not sure if its just me, but the splash screen with the i.p address for adding roms always randomly pops up interfering with gameplay. Any way to fix this and have it show only at startup?

Also seems after updating on appletv, nito is stuck saying to update retroarch

@Trebrick Hi again!

I’m kinda confused, as I’ve NEVER seen any screen with an IP address for adding roms…

Did you ever try re-doing your main config from scratch?

Also, what do you mean after updating what on nitoTV, RetroArch itself? Cores? Something else?

RetroArchTV I just put the official binary in my Metal version, and the non-Metal one is still stuck on 1.9.0 as I didn’t get an AppleTV certificate yet…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker Sorry should have clarified better.

Sorry keep forgetting bout the no certificate. I believe the screen only shows for the tvos version. Bottom of the pageSeems one of the version updates awhile back broke it so it appears randomly instead of at app start.

Updated the metal version from 1.9.3 to 1.9.3 in nito and after reload it still says theres a retroarch update, even after several tries at it. No biggie, just bringing to your attention

@Trebrick Yeah, will try to get an AppleTV certificate ASAP!

For Cydia, just changing the size of the new version is enough for the update to be considered an update, but I may have to add something to the version number for nitoTV, maybe 1.9.3a or something…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker hmm im almost sure its worked before with the version numbers being the same but maybe not. Again no biggie and no rush for that certificate.

1 Like

Having weird issue i had awhile back but cant remember the solution. For whatever reason i cannot edit any playlist settings without them just auto reverting. Also seems i cant import anything to any playlist

@Trebrick On the AppleTV version?

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker haha yah unfortunately. Tested on ios and all seems fine. Think had something to do with editing playlist in filza. Someone on discord said it was a bug in some old builds back when i first had the issue march last year

one of your updates seemed to fix it as far as i can remember so not sure why its showing back up again

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker went to update in nito and the app disappeared. Went back into your repo and at the top says “(deleted) please reinstall retroarch” for each version. Clicked the tvos one and again once completed nothing happened.

(EDIT: tried again and all is working). And, the issues i had with playlists are gone!

Also is there no metal version or is it just combined now or something? Thanks

And noticed on ios when a rom is loaded and you try to go to information, retroarch crashes

@Trebrick Yeah, as the official iOS 11+ version is Metal-only, I prefer to maintain only the Metal version too…

Now the only iOS11+ and tvOS versions are the Metal one!

Information used to crash, I think it was fixed some time ago, but I may try to check when it broke again…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker ill update to 1.9.4 on ios and see if the info issue persists.

In other news, seems like they are waiting for a/the black texture fix for mupen before adding it to the official build… hopefully it gets fixed.

Oh, and the Tvos “welcome to retroarch” i.p. screen shows up at app start now. Not sure if itll show up randomly again yet. EDIT: spoke too soon lol. Too bad there isnt a way to switch on and off

@Trebrick i still have no control over the tvOS version…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker yah i know was just letting you know for whatever reason it started working correctly after updating