Is there a Game Boy & Color core(s) that support the BIOS boot?

Windows 64 bit build: http://vaporeon.io/crap/gambatte_libretro_pull73_win64.7z

The palettes seem to be wrong in gb mode games.

1 Like

W10 64-bit - The Bootscreens show!

dance dance

I don’t care what anyone says, a huge piece of the emulation puzzle was just slam-dunked into place. BOOM-SHAKALAKA!! If this was NBA Jam, I’d say you’re on fire!

In regards to that, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. a million times thank you! :smiley:

3 Likes

I feel you, I feel you! :joy:

It has been merged into the main branch and the only known issue is that old savesates are incompatible.

Please test, have fun and report the bugs if you find any.

The DK94 issue still happens when the bootloader is enabled. I tested every Emulated Hardware option and none of them fix it.

Ok that is still an issue, do any other super gameboy games have bizarre glitches?

You where right it was testing the controller register to see if it is on a super gameboy. (My reg value was 0x0F the correct start value is 0xCF)

1 Like

You mean this line: ioamhram[0x100] = 0x0F;//joypad initial value

Of the SGB enhanced games I’ve tried, that’s the only one I’ve noticed. I’ve also tested:

Contra: The Alien Wars Kirby’s Dreamland 2 Kirby’s Block Ball Kirby’s Star Stacker LoZ: Link’s Awakening DX Wario Land II

Dream Land 2 and Star Stacker are supposed to use SGB internal sounds when played on an SGB, but nothing seems wrong with the sound on either of those with the bootloader enabled.

I’ve submitted a Pull Request regarding fixing DK94 here:

@SkyHighGam3r I don’t think you realised what was to follow when you asked the original question! I remember you asking what videos should you do a while back. I say a little “how to” on setting the bios screens up is in order :slight_smile:

Thanks to all those involved in making this work. I hope it gets a mention in the next blog update.

Well everything have been merged, let’s hope things work as they should now. I’m eagerly awaiting Gambatte to be built…

Built it myself earilier. Everything looks good to me :+1:

Ah man, I wish I could build these cores myself sometimes. Care to share your build? It might take the entire weekend before it hits the buildbot.

http://vaporeon.io/crap/gambatte_libretro.7z

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

It’s really easy to setup a portable msys2 environment on Windows: MAME NoNag Compilation Guide for Windows

For gambatte you would follow that guide up to step 4 and:

clone https://github.com/libretro/gambatte-libretro cd gambatte-libretro make

Then you’ll have a fresh .dll waiting in your home/gambatte folder in a few seconds.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’ll keep this in mind. Can this be applied to other cores as well? There have been some changes to Nestopia and it haven’t been built for a while with these changes.

So if I follow your guide, maybe I can build it myself???

As for Gambatte right now, everything seems to be in flawless condition. Haven’t even noticed a single hiccup and DK94 is just perfect. Gambatte feels complete right now.

Question: How come the CRC mismatch between my built Gambatte-Libretro core and Vaporeon’s? Shouldn’t they be the same?

The CRC for mine is 4c00ff11 and Vaporeon’s is 8bba0382 They’re the same in size and all.

EDIT: Scratch that, the CRC is different every time you build it and I figured out how to build both Nestopia and DeSmuME.

It’s great to be able to build stuff yourself!

2 Likes

Differences in the toolchain and timestamps will cause that. You have to go out of your way to get reproducible builds.