Latest MAME core + romset

I was referring to SF2 :haciendo muecas:, Street Figther II, but also, the whole series, Super, Champion. I have not tried other games.

I had no idea that MAME 2003 Plus was so “actual”.

Honestly, yes it is confusing. Many versions do not say how many games it supports, nor which device is recommended. Then it’s all up to the user to “test” and that’s where the confusion comes in. If “2003 Plus” is as fast as 2003 and more updated than 2016, all those versions are not needed.

And as a suggestion, some things can be changed. Having 3 versions and changing the names, can be more comprehensive for the user. MAME Current, MAME Plus and MAME Fast.
If you need to keep the other cores, you can put a label, ‘beta, testing’ or something.

Now that the MAME Current versions are synchronized (0.246) I will freeze the cores, complete the sets and do the input lag tests, including FBNeo and 2003 +. Or do I wait until I get 0.247, which is coming out?

Not globally, but yes some games benefit from post-2016 improvements.

At this point it should be considered as a whole new emulator, with its own goals and things to offer, and not just as some old version of MAME.

1 Like

Done, Bubble Bobble is reacting at next frame now.

3 Likes

Was it a simple fix? Does it affect more games or just this one?

It will affect bublbobl and its clones.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I wonder if other games are laggier in FBNeo or i just happened to test the only game that is. My luck and everything.

FBNeo used to have lower input lag overall, but i don’t know if that’s true anymore with the recent latency improvements in MAME.

1 Like