Midway games on Retroarch on a CRT

Hi all, Have all the standard res stuff 320-240, 320 x 224 etc working perfectly under MAME and FBA Retroarch cores. However NBA Jam and Midway games with their 54 hz refresh rate and 254 lines seem to cause MAME to default to 480i rather than the proper resolution. Can anyone give me an idea how to fix this? In Groovymame I force the resolution as my PVM seems to have a blank spot between 54-55hz. Cheers

I would suspect that means that you don’t have the resolution it needs programmed into your stock of modelines. You would need to construct a modeline specifically for those games and add it (assuming Windows; it should work fine in Linux, since it constructs its resolutions on the fly).

I do have it programmed as GroovyMAME picks it up right away. Quite peculiar

Hi

For MK you’ll need to install ?x254@55. Grooveymame works with dynamic resolutions RetroArch does not. So when you install the resolution you must choose static mode.

So if your using 2560 superres you’ll need to I stall 2560x254@55 in static mode

Okay, thanks - is that ‘import modes from file’? Will it override my other modes?

Okay I can see the static option will that mess up anything else?

Yeah you will have to change back to dynamic if you want use grooveymame in dynamic mode. Other wise groovey mame will you tge static modes installed.