My issues with Retroarch

Thanks. If you didn’t tell me, I never would have thought that site to be of any interest. I’ll check it out after work.

[QUOTE=hunterk;24918]The checksum for my working neogeo.zip: md5 cc345d87f576665d1c2a673503c1991b sha1 eb9fed518897dfafb67b4148f0ecfa731f0e3259

We don’t talk directly about romsites here for legal purposes (admittedly, it’s probably more tradition than necessity) but I can tell you: if you google ‘fba roms’, it’s the first hit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. If you didn’t tell me, I never would have thought that site to be of any interest. I’ll check it out after work.

[QUOTE=hunterk;24918]The checksum for my working neogeo.zip: md5 cc345d87f576665d1c2a673503c1991b sha1 eb9fed518897dfafb67b4148f0ecfa731f0e3259

We don’t talk directly about romsites here for legal purposes (admittedly, it’s probably more tradition than necessity) but I can tell you: if you google ‘fba roms’, it’s the first hit.[/QUOTE]

It worked though I’m not entirely sure how. I downloaded the bios and I overwrote the previous one in the folder I have chosen which is where I’ve put the bios files for the other cores then I tried loading a ROM. It didn’t work… Then, out of frustration, I tried overwriting the bios in the ROMs folder and tried loading a ROM… Then it worked. As if FBA wasn’t getting the bios files from the same folder as the other cores…

One more thing, by any chance, would you know if there is a way to play those ROMs as console versions? Because Matrimelee for example should be played in Japanese. It’s the same ROM but on a US system, they “removed” the original songs and voices. Worse, they haven’t replaced them. They just reused the same 2 to 3 musics over and over again.

Thank you very much.

Ah, yeah, MAME/FBA need the neogeo.zip in the ROM folder because it works like a parent ROM rather than a BIOS (so many little quirks to deal with and remember all the time…)

Yeah, you can get into the UNIBIOS somehow with a key combo, I think…? Maybe Start+Select?

[QUOTE=hunterk;24963]Ah, yeah, MAME/FBA need the neogeo.zip in the ROM folder because it works like a parent ROM rather than a BIOS (so many little quirks to deal with and remember all the time…)

Yeah, you can get into the UNIBIOS somehow with a key combo, I think…? Maybe Start+Select?[/QUOTE]

It was so much simpler back in the days… I went to the official website and they give a bunch of button combinations but none of them actually work. The bios is indeed the latest ‘available’ version of the unibios. I’ve seen threads on this site from users saying it was working so is it related to the 1.2 version of retroarch?

hello,

have you looked in core option, in my version of fbacore (nightly from 2 or 3 month ago) there is an option to enable unibios.

In the present day play store version, the core options don’t actually include any core specific options.

I’m not sure what’s up with your installation, but core options are working just fine here (I just installed RA on my phone specifically to check). Load the core, load some content, go back into the menu and core options should populate.

All I get is HW shared context enable Off Dummy on core shutdown On Don’t automatically start a core On

That’s the entire content of the core settings I get with every cores.

Could it be because I’m on a CM12.1 ROM or because I’m using a custom folder for the bios files?

I think you’re looking in the wrong place. You’re looking in settings > core settings. Instead, just open some content and go back into the menu. ‘Core options’ is right there on that same screen.

Oh, I have to go to ‘quick menu’, then ‘core options’… I see. That’s a bit confusing to me but regardless, thank you very much for your patience.

[QUOTE=Reznnate;24631]The jaguar core options include a fast-blitter feature. With this enabled, many games are enjoyable/playable for me on the Shield ATV. Of the 3 cores you mention, yabause is the slowest. There is a GL-accelerated port in-the-works that is quite a bit faster. An alpha was posted in the Yabause forums a few months ago that shows great promise.

But I really appreciate it when future-looking features are added to the software and games I love. While MAME 2015 core and these cores may be slow today with some games, future hardware is coming that will run them well.[/QUOTE]

Now that I know where the core options are, I have found the option you’ve mentioned. However, it made very little to no difference at all. Pinball Fantasies and Alien vs Predator are still absolutely unplayable.

Any fix for weird Start button issue and settings save problem on Shield?