Need help to play games from the SD card

Hello! These are my specs: Samsung Galaxy J7 Android 6.0.1 32 bit Retroarch (I don’t know how to see the version, but I always update every program (manually, not automatically, but still I update all of them) with PCSX ReArmed core. Legend of Dragoon SCUS versions. SCPH1001.bin Both Memory Card Saves and Save States.

I’m currently playing Legend of Dragoon perfectly (thanks, hunterk), however, I recently bought a 64 GB MicroSD card, and I would like to play the games from there. I googled a lot, since, from the look of things, Android doesn’t let write to the external SD card. However, I got an idea. I’m playing the game with a m3u playlist that contains access to all four images, the m3u file looks like this:

LoD Disc 1.cue LoD Disc 2.cue LoD Disc 3.cue LoD Disc 4.cue

And I thought I could do some serious hacking :yum:, by writing this in the m3u:

/storage/(patch to the SD card)/LoD/LoD Disc 1.cue /storage/(patch to the SD card)/LoD/LoD Disc 2.cue /storage/(patch to the SD card)/LoD/LoD Disc 3.cue /storage/(patch to the SD card)/LoD/LoD Disc 4.cue

And placing the m3u playlist in a folder in the internal memory of the phone. That way, the internal memory would contain all the configuration files of the game, except the images, which they would be in the external SD card. But it didn’t work. First, I select the PCSX ReArmed core, but after I select the new and modified m3u file, Retroarch says “Failed to load content”, and it also says “No items”. Which is weird, because it works with m3u music playlists. Is there any way of making my idea work? Or, is there any other way to play the game, or, even more, to play any game from the external SD card?

1 Like

That’s unfortunately a much bigger deal on phones than just using ‘sudo’ and then entering your password. There are guides online. You’ll need to find one that matches your specific phone, assuming it’s something you actually want to do.

Then I’ll google it. Thanks again!!

On Android there are apk like King Root which allow to root your Android device. Just be careful and use a backup program like Titanium Backup to backup your device as soon as you root it.

Thanks GeoMan. But I found a way to do it without rooting the android. Here it is: