NVidia Shield

7rtype - could you transfer the repository over to me?

I will make sure then it gets transferred over to the libretro organization and that you get admin access as well to the repo.

Ok,it’s done.

I’ve done some clean-up ,i hope i haven’t break something :slight_smile:

Transferred over to libretro repo and given you admin acccess to the repo.

Finally bought one during PAX today. Anyone have issues with the dpad? Mine makes clicking sounds and the diagonals are extremely sensitive. Slight nudges makes the shield register accidental diagonal movements making it almost unusable in certain games. I also notice a grid like pattern on the screen when viewing it under bright lighting conditions.

Hopefully I don’t have a defective unit. Gonna try retroarch now

I got a preproduction unit from Nvidia and the only clicking I have experienced is on the A button - it’s more like ‘sticking’ sometime.

I also experienced the “grid like pattern” on the screen when exposed to direct sunlight or the like - I assumed it was a preproduction glitch. Guess it’s prevalent on the final unit too.

Oh ok. Well I was talking to nvidia support earlier and they’ll try to process an rma and send me a new one.

Retroarch looks and runs great by the way. So does it auto configure already or should I still worry about stuff like refresh rates?

You should be fine just leaving it at the default options - its been preconfigured to run well.

Whoa, the grid isn’t normal? That’s something they’ll RMA for? Mine definitely has it.

Thankfully my Shield has a good Dpad, and I’ve come to like it alot. Occasionally it lets out a louder than normal click but that’s all, and I guess everyone’s Dpad is a little wonky in some way if you read up on the official Geforce Shield forum.

I have seen that grid under bright light on multiple devices I have owned. I think it is normal. I doubt you should see it while you are using it though. My transformer prime had a noticeable grid under bright light , like with the screen off place it right under a light bulb. I would imagine it is part of the touch aspect of the screens.

Whoa, the grid isn’t normal? That’s something they’ll RMA for? Mine definitely has it.

Thankfully my Shield has a good Dpad, and I’ve come to like it alot. Occasionally it lets out a louder than normal click but that’s all, and I guess everyone’s Dpad is a little wonky in some way if you read up on the official Geforce Shield forum.[/quote] Sorry if I wasn’t clear. The RMA was for the dpad issues I had, not the grid. Hopefully whatever they send works better, the support guy assured to me that what they send out won’t have the same issues.

Has Anyone tried mame2010 or VirtualJaguar on the Shield ?

i can try if you point me to compiled cores

Sorry but for now no time to make up-to-date android binary :frowning: you 'll have to compile it your self or wait someone else do it .

Trying to build mame2010 resulted in a bunch of errors due to my ndk toolchain not having some system headers(sys/cdefs.h). What android toolchain did you use to build these, so I can test it?

Trying to build mame2010 resulted in a bunch of errors due to my ndk toolchain not having some system headers(sys/cdefs.h). What android toolchain did you use to build these, so I can test it?[/quote] I use an old revision ( r8-d ) and use a standalone toolchain ( http://www.kandroid.org/ndk/docs/STANDALONE-TOOLCHAIN.html )

Is it possible to have a build with netplay enable or it hasn’t been ported to android yet? If not how can I contribute.

thanks

no netplay in android yet. There’s currently no telling whether the existing netplay implementation will scale properly on Android or if we’ll need to come up with something else.

Thanks, I’ll try to check out and see if I can build the netplay code for android.

I suspect the roll-back technique used is cpu intensive and will work properly only on high-end devices. I’m think the shield is powerful enough but it’s pure speculation until I try :wink:

Yeah, let us know if you have any luck :slight_smile:

I have a quick question, I checked out the source and was able to build most of it. I have the phoenix project running in the emulator but I’m missing FBA.

So I try to build it manually and I got this error: /home/duke/libretro-super/libretro-fba/svn-current/trunk/projectfiles/libretro-android/jni/…/…/…/src/burn/drv/dataeast/d_dec8.cpp: In function ‘INT32 SrdarwinFrame()’: /home/duke/libretro-super/libretro-fba/svn-current/trunk/projectfiles/libretro-android/jni/…/…/…/src/burn/drv/dataeast/d_dec8.cpp:2976:1: internal compiler error: in push_minipool_fix, at config/arm/arm.c:12119 Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See <http://source.android.com/source/report-bugs.html> for instructions. make: *** [/home/duke/libretro-super/libretro-fba/svn-current/trunk/projectfiles/libretro-android/obj/local/armeabi-v7a/objs/retro///__/src/burn/drv/dataeast/d_dec8.o] Error 1

Anyone has see this issue before ?