OLD Gamepad Autoconfig Thread

Sorry,forgot to “spoiler” my cfg XD… Using Latest nightly, and Android 4.4.4 from JXD (no custom rom). Tried with custom roms also, the only rom that is working is 4.2.2 (retroarch use the old lookup).

This is probably a more relevant thread to that of my last post so just to confirm, nightly from 26th is also running usb pads ok on my stock touchwiz unrooted S4 running 4.3.

I’ve noticed with the overlay however that the rotate, cog (and genesis ‘3/6 button toggle’) buttons all now cause all overlays to disappear completely and only way to get it back is to exit and re-enter RA from the physical home button; overlay pad controls and space invader icon (toggle menus) work. Anyone else?

Update: After binding all keys with the iPega,

The next time I run RA I need to bind all again, it seems it doesn’t save the binding to the cfg file…

Check the second to last parragraph here

Try exporting the autocfg and contributing to the autoconf repo

I didn’t understand how to “export” my bindings…

Please help…

Read the OP

ipega_Extending_Game_Controller.cfg

input_device = “ipega Extending Game Controller” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “96” input_y_btn = “99” input_select_btn = “102” input_start_btn = “103” input_up_btn = “h0up” input_down_btn = “h0down” input_left_btn = “h0left” input_right_btn = “h0right” input_a_btn = “97” input_x_btn = “100” input_l_btn = “104” input_r_btn = “nul” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “-3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “+3”

Please, HELP , Im going crazy with this problem…

I readed the full content of this thread… and I have done this :

Snes_Chineese_USB_Ebay.cfg

input_device = “Snes Chineese USB Ebay” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “190” input_y_btn = “191” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “-1” input_down_btn = “1” input_left_btn = “-1” input_right_btn = “1” input_a_btn = “189” input_x_btn = “188” input_l_btn = “192” input_r_btn = “193” input_l2_btn = “” input_r2_btn = “” input_l_x_plus_axis = “” input_l_x_minus_axis = “” input_l_y_plus_axis = “” input_l_y_minus_axis = “” input_r_x_plus_axis = “” input_r_x_minus_axis = “” input_r_y_plus_axis = “” input_r_y_minus_axis = “”

• I write this file in my roms directory, but nothing happens. (I dont know where I have to write this file, Im noob in android, I wrote it using a ftp emulator)

I Have “auto-config” in the retroarch menu and RGUI.

• I dont know how to know the “driver” im using (I readed android_input) but I see all of you use “android”
  • I dont know whats the input device name or where to see it …

Hope can help me. Thanks!

[QUOTE=retro;19248]Update: After binding all keys with the iPega,

The next time I run RA I need to bind all again, it seems it doesn’t save the binding to the cfg file…[/QUOTE]

I came here to post the same. Bindings seem to be reset every time the emulation core is restarted.

edit: here we go - https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/1429

[QUOTE=retro;19252]I didn’t understand how to “export” my bindings…

Please help…[/QUOTE]

I think a more detailed explanation would help people who aren’t familiar with Retroarch and want to help improve it.

I wasn’t able to find the debug menu either - is this located in the rgui menus, or within the Android-based front-end? I was hoping to submit a configuration file for a few Moga gamepads.

[QUOTE=goyetus2;19518]Please, HELP , Im going crazy with this problem…

input_device = “Snes Chineese USB Ebay” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “190” input_y_btn = “191” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “-1” input_down_btn = “1” input_left_btn = “-1” input_right_btn = “1” input_a_btn = “189” input_x_btn = “188” input_l_btn = “192” input_r_btn = “193” input_l2_btn = “” input_r2_btn = “” input_l_x_plus_axis = “” input_l_x_minus_axis = “” input_l_y_plus_axis = “” input_l_y_minus_axis = “” input_r_x_plus_axis = “” input_r_x_minus_axis = “” input_r_y_plus_axis = “” input_r_y_minus_axis = “”

• I write this file in my roms directory, but nothing happens. (I dont know where I have to write this file, Im noob in android, I wrote it using a ftp emulator)

• I dont know how to know the “driver” im using (I readed android_input) but I see all of you use “android”

Hope can help me. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Nobody can help me? I dont have root, and cant root the machine to gain access and edit the cfg file in data storage… is there any other way to store this cfg config to be readed in retroarch ???
:frowning:

Here are the settings for the G910 Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad as you can adquire in Geekbuying and other online shops.

This gamepad has several working modes. The one shown here is the Gamepad Mode, that you can select by powering on the device while the X button is pressed.

Save to a file called Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.cfg and place it on the /data/data/com.retroarch/autoconfig/android/ directory.

input_device = “Broadcom Bluetooth HID” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “97” input_y_btn = “100” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “h0up” input_down_btn = “h0down” input_left_btn = “h0left” input_right_btn = “h0right” input_a_btn = “96” input_x_btn = “99” input_l_btn = “102” input_r_btn = “103” input_l2_btn = “104” input_r2_btn = “105” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “+5” input_r_y_minus_axis = “-5”

I do not know why the device is being identified as Broadcom Bluetooth HID to the Android system, and if this may be a problem with real Broadcom Bluetooth devices in the future.

Also i would like to suggest to developers that in order to make the devices more configurable, these profiles could be stored and read from the sdcard partition and not from the system partition. Lot of thanks to the developers of libretro and retroarch for the effort of creating this amazing emulation software and for defending Open Source and Free Software.

Regards!

[QUOTE=goyetus2;19518]Please, HELP , Im going crazy with this problem…

Hope can help me. Thanks![/QUOTE]

In order for your profile to work you have to save to the retroarch folder, in my case is on the /data/data/com.retroarch/autoconfig/android/ folder. You may need root permissions on your device to make that.

Regards.

You can make it load those from any folder. Just set auto config directory to whatever you want

Yes you are right, you can configure retroarch folders to any you want. I forgot about that option. :slight_smile:

However it would be nice if it came pre-configured to read the autoconfig folder from both directories by default.

Regards!

This is my .cfg for JXD S7800b. The one from github has wrong input_device name. That’s must be the reason it doesn’t work for others with that device.

input_device = “jxdkey_driver” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “96” input_y_btn = “99” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “19” input_down_btn = “20” input_left_btn = “21” input_right_btn = “22” input_a_btn = “97” input_x_btn = “100” input_l_btn = “102” input_r_btn = “103” input_l2_btn = “104” input_r2_btn = “105” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “+3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “-3”

Always make sure you have correct input device name in your configuration file. You can see it in /proc/bus/input/devices I attached app I use to detect keycodes.

Btw, just figured out how to use hotkeys - it’s pure awesomeness!!!

oh man, nice! Should this one totally replace the old one, then?

Yes. Actually, we need one more configuration file for S7800b 'cause older firmwares use joystick driver named ‘ADC Joystick’. So it would be:

input_device = “ADC Joystick” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “96” input_y_btn = “99” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “19” input_down_btn = “20” input_left_btn = “21” input_right_btn = “22” input_a_btn = “97” input_x_btn = “100” input_l_btn = “102” input_r_btn = “103” input_l2_btn = “104” input_r2_btn = “105” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “+3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “-3”

Btw, autoconfig fails if I try to switch gamepads on-the-fly. RGUI detects other pad but controls stop working until I exit emulation.

Ok, got those added in. Thanks for sharing them. I’ll add a note to the OP with a link to the KeyTest utility, too!

[QUOTE=bl@ck_m@ge;20068]This is my .cfg for JXD S7800b. The one from github has wrong input_device name. That’s must be the reason it doesn’t work for others with that device.

Always make sure you have correct input device name in your configuration file. You can see it in /proc/bus/input/devices I attached app I use to detect keycodes.

Btw, just figured out how to use hotkeys - it’s pure awesomeness!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you,will test later. Which ROM do you nave in tour s7800b?

EDIT: Tried with new autoconfig file , logcat logs same error: device name: jxdkey_driver failed to find vendor id for device ID: 2 Could not look up device name or IDs Manual config did not work, keytest program see all my button…