Older chipset support? Via-Chrome9

I’ve been tinkering with some old thin clients we’ve had in the office. They’re old Wyse Cx0 models that I popped a 1G RAM chip and a 1G drive into for a retro gaming box. I’m guessing this should be enough to run NES/Sega and possibly SNES games. It’s a VIA C7 processor with a Chrome9 graphics driver.

I can see where archlinux had a package for the drivers: https://github.com/dseg/archlinux-packages/tree/master/via-chrome9-dkms

Since it was available in the 3.5+ kernel, I was wondering if anyone had a kernel I could use on a recent Lakka install to fire up this little guy.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

I’m trying to make it work on an old HP mini 2133, with a VIA C7-M chipset. Still no luck, but I’m staying tuned!

Hi,

The VIA chipsets is not a good shape on Linux but the Openchrome team is making progress. As far as I know they are working on DRM/KMS and X.org then they will work on Mesa.

You can get some support on Openchrome user mailing list or Openchrome irc channel.

You should try to make a test with latest Fedora or Ubuntu as they packaged openchrome driver.