3DO Games will not scanned correctly (Edited Nov-17)

Hello, after few month i have checked the scanning with Lakka (2.1 RC6) for the cd-based systems again

this time without zipped cue-sheets - (wich was a fix to get the scanner working previously).

It seems Scanning works correctly now for : PS1, Saturn, Mega CD, PCE CD :blush:

Congrats, this is a great success!!!

But i have still problems with scanning the 3DO Set (ReDump-20170404 Reference Set). It catches only a handfull of games and whole scanning process is VERY SLOW.

anybody had same issue noticed ?

Hi. Some of thisā€¦

that means i have to change to the darkwater set to run this systems with lakka / RA ? think the redump sets are always in the correct format and very accurate, too. why they should not be supported? even in the Libretro Database about Roms and Images the redump-sets are recommended. https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/blob/master/README.md

No, Read more belowā€¦

RobLoach commented on 26 Dec 2016 Iā€™m not quite sure what has changed lately in the scanning, but it seems like when thereā€™s an ISO file, it forces use of the Serial check. Weā€™ll have to extend the scanning to support both Serial checking and the CRC check.

• You do not have to change anything, if you read full you realize that darkwater is dead.

Redump ROMs for PC Engine CD, Sega CD/Mega-CD and Saturn should be matched by the scanner: https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database#sources

If those ROMs are Redump-validated and theyā€™re not scanning, itā€™s a bug.

1 Like

what can i do now? open an issue on github, maybe? if i should do that, is that a lakka or Retroarch issue?

There is a github repo dedicated to the playlist database:

I can confirm this issue with regards to Redump Sega CD ROMs, tested in Lakka and Windows RetroArch. I havenā€™t tested PC Engine or Saturn.

The libretro-database team is active so I think there is a good chance they might look at this problem.

thank you :slight_smile: here is it https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/issues/423

You just need to wait until we implement serial scanning for these systems, or use a script to generate the playlist.

1 Like

i already posted an issue about this before in repo but just got ignored

for some wierd reasons, assuming that you do have verified romsets(the correct crc of the .cue sheet in this case), the cue sheet must be zipped in order for retroarch to allow importing them to playlist., the remaining tracks should be uncompressed.

sample cdimage for pce-cd below

1 Like

I am finally able to add some games (Saturn, MCD, PCE CD) ā€¦ Thanks to your workaround it works very well for me!

That .cue based scanning is not the clean way to go anyway. We need to implement serial scanning. I donā€™t get why the .cue has to be in a .zip however. We need to fix that. @RobLoach any idea?

a real fix for it would be great.

@Kivutar I donā€™t get why the .cue has to be in a .zip however.

Likely because Redump DATs, when used with clrmamepro, can compress the related .bin/.iso and .cue files all into one .zip. With clrmamepro, you can have it not compress the group too, if wanted.

@anon24419061 made an issue to allow extracting the full archive in some instances:

I donā€™t think that explains why a .cue has to be in a .zip by itself. The Redump DATs can beset to create something different: a zip with all of the cue/bin files. Thereā€™s no DAT parsing format Iā€™ve come across @RobLoach that only zips the .cue file and leaves the bin files loose in the same directory as in the screenshot a few posts back.

Could it be that there are CRCs for the .cue files in the database, but when the scanner sees a .cue it bypasses it (because this is a disc and currently those get scanned by the serial scanner). By zipping just the cue, it seems like the CRC scanner gets invoked and creates a playlist entry.

(This is speculation. I spent 15 or 20 minutes puzzling through the scanner code but I havenā€™t figured it out yet)

you can actually zip the entire cdimage(cue sheet + tracks) if you wanted to, Retroarch will still be able to import the it to playlist.

why i suggested that the tracks should be unzipped, because when you actually run the game from this playlist, retroarch will ONLY extract the cue sheet, and not the other tracks, so loading will fail. if you pre-extract the individual tracks, and place it with the zipped cue-sheet this loads the game.

1 Like

i still have problems scanning CD-Images (only PS1 works as intended)

tried with Lakka 2.1 RC3 and following systems: Sega CD, PCE-CD, Saturn, Dreamcast (all loaded as verified ā€œRedumpā€ Reference Set). The Scanner gives no result unless the cue sheet is zipped for each game manually - doing that can be a bit painful on hundred of games :frowning:

any news on that? A proper Solution would be really great!!!

1 Like

this has never changed (at least from when i started reporting about this months ago) the cue-sheets stills needs to be zipped if you want to use retroarch playlists and be able to use Import Content method to scan roms.

1 Like

Hello, after few month i have checked the scanning with Lakka (2.1 RC6) for the cd-based systems again

this time without zipped cue-sheets - (wich was a fix to get the scanner working previously).

It seems Scanning works correctly now for : PS1, Saturn, Mega CD, PCE CD :blush:

Congrats, this is a great success!!!

But i have still problems with scanning the 3DO Set (ReDump-20170404 Reference Set). It catches only a handfull of games and whole scanning process is VERY SLOW.

anybody had same issue noticed ?