[Guide] Phantasy Star Online - Dolphin - Shithack PSO Server

So I saw that Dreamcast has online support now, and it connects very easily. While this is not easy, I still thought it was cool to be able to play PSO on GameCube online and with other players, and the community is pretty decent.

1. Enable BBA Adapter

1. Go to the dolphin.ini (should be at %appdata%/retroarch/saves/User/Config/)

2. Set SerialPort1 to 5 (Which means you are emulating a BBA)

2. Enable RAW save files

1. Go to the dolphin.ini (should be at %appdata%/retroarch/saves/User/Config/)

2. Set SlotA/SlotB to 1 (which enables .raw format for saves)

3. Download OpenVPN Tunnel Adapter for Windows

1. Install OpenVPN TAP Adapter V9, included in the OpenVPN installer: OpenVPN download page

2. Go to the start menu. Click TAP-Windows and then click Utilities. Right-click Add a new TAP virtual ethernet adapter and run it as administrator. It will complete in a few seconds.

3. In Control Panel\Network and Sharing Center\Change adapter settings, select the TAP device and the adapter you use to connect to the internet.

4. Right-click and select Bridge Connections.

4. Create an account

1. Go to https://schtserv.com/

2. Register an account by pressing the Register Now button and Activate your account.

3. Go back to https://schtserv.com/

4. Press the Register Now button and log-in.

5. Press the Add button.

6. Change Version to PSO GC and Enter the information, you need this information, so make it something you can remember or write it down (only needed for initial log-in, will be saved to your GC).

Serial Number must be a 10-digit number
    Access Key must be a 12-digit number

5. Enable FullScreen Toggle RetroArch

1. Go to Input Settings in RetroArch

2. Go to Input Hotkey Binds

3. Set the following two keybinds: Enable Hotkeys and Fullscreen Toggle

4. When you need to toggle the fullscreen, you press both of these buttons at the same time and it’ll toggle fullscreen mode.

6. Getting Online

1. Boot up PSO

2. When it’s ready, go to the Options menu.

3. When you’re in the options menu go to “Network Option” and then go to “Provider Option” and choose “Yes”.

EXLAIMER BETWEEN EACH STEP IF YOU CANT SEE THE TEXT IN THE NETWORK OPTIONS AREA YOU NEED TO FULLSCREEN TOGGLE TO SEE THE TEXT OR YOU CAN FIX THIS ISSUE BY FOLLOWING MY GUIDE LOCATED HERE (Dolphin - Comprehensive Guide)

1. THIS STEP MUST BE SKIPPED WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE A NETWORK FILE ON YOUR MEMORY CARD! Once it’s loaded it will ask to make a new file. Just make the file on the memory card you wish and load it.

2. When you have loaded the network file, you need to go to the “Network Setup” menu.

3. At this point, you can choose which Provider Option from the drop-down menu you want to change to connect to Schtserv. Once you choose the provider press the “Edit Menu” button.

4. On the next screen, you can rename the provider you choose. This can be called whatever you like and is optional. When done, click next.

5. On this screen choose the options “Automatically Obtain an IP Address” and “Do not automatically Disconnect”. Then click next.

1. On the Screen, you now see you the option to set the DNS IPs. Do this by choosing the “Manual” option.

Primary: 144.217.87.48
    Secondary: Not Needed

After setting the IPs, make sure that the DHCP option is not set.

2. This step is optional, it is not needed to connect to schtserv! The Next Screen should be the proxy screen. This is NOT needed unless your ISP tells you to do so. The proxy can also be used to upload screenshots. If you want to use the proxy for screenshots, set the following:

Proxy Port Address: pso.donut.dhs.org
    Proxy Port Number: 8080

NOTE: If you used these settings for the proxy you need to go to the webpage to upload the screenshot.

7. Logging In to the Server

1. Load Game up and at menu choose Online Game

2. Choose your character or create a new character.

3. Enter your Access Code and Serial Code and create a password. It will ask if you want to save the information, I recommend saying yes so you don’t have to input this information each time you want to play.

4. You will see the logging in animation!

EXCLAIMER - THIS WILL FAIL ONCE WHEN USING EMULATION, PRESS CANCEL, AND LOG IN AGAIN. SECOND TIME WILL WORK. THIS WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN, SO IF YOU EVER SEE THE ERROR SCREEN JUST TRY ONE MORE TIME AND IT SHOULD WORK!

8. Optional: Join the Discord! - https://discord.gg/9mAp3EZ

I hope this guide is helpful! Any questions feel free to ask!

1 Like

thanks! I appreciate this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I keep getting this error on the first loading screen:

(No.015) Connection attempt failed. Failed to retrieve IP address from DHCP.

Any help on how to get past this?