Prepackaged MinGW-w64 + Git RetroArch development environment

That’s on Linux… :confused:

I tried with pacman -U, managed to install everything but get to the same result. I’ll look into the libretro-super repository to see if that can make sense to me.

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

Can you do a gcc -v

If its 5.2.0 then that might have something to do with it.

$ gcc -v Using built-in specs. COLLECT_GCC=F:\msys64\mingw64\bin\gcc.exe COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=F:/msys64/mingw64/bin/…/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/5.2.0/lto-wrapper.exe Target: x86_64-w64-mingw32 Configured with: …/gcc-5.2.0/configure --prefix=/mingw64 --with-local-prefix=/mingw64/local --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-native-system-header-dir=/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include --libexecdir=/mingw64/lib --with-gxx-include-dir=/mingw64/include/c++/5.2.0 --enable-bootstrap --with-arch=x86-64 --with-tune=generic --enable-languages=c,lto,c++,objc,obj-c++,fortran,ada --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-libatomic --enable-threads=posix --enable-graphite --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-isl-version-check --enable-lto --enable-libgomp --disable-multilib --enable-checking=release --disable-rpath --disable-win32-registry --disable-nls --disable-werror --disable-symvers --with-libiconv --with-system-zlib --with-gmp=/mingw64 --with-mpfr=/mingw64 --with-mpc=/mingw64 --with-isl=/mingw64 --with-pkgversion=‘Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project’ --with-bugurl=http://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2 --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld Thread model: posix gcc version 5.2.0 (Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project)

Looks the same…?

Yes, I noticed too some packages didn’t load the 1st time and I relaunched them until completion.

I’m reading about how bad it is to put stuff made with gcc 4.9 alongside gcc 5.2. That’s probably the issue here with nvidia toolkit and some other…

I’d like to test with everything for 4.9 if only I can understand how to do that without MSYS2 upgrading ninja style.

Oh great! back to 1.59MB :slight_smile:

I think there’s no problem outside the mingw-w64-x86_64-pkgconf and mingw-w64-x86_64-nvidia-cg-toolkit manual install with pacman -U then. Thanks for your help!

Hi guys, this environment is still valid to compile retroarch?

I can compile the cores without problem, but retroarch fail to compile… i was thinking maybe is too old for new retroarch?

Thanks

yeah, you’re better off using msys2 now.

Thanks, im setting msys2 right now, and the first i did is what do you say in the link

pacman --noconfirm -Sy

But i get this errors

$ pacman --noconfirm -Sy error: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine error: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine error: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine :: Synchronizing package databases… mingw32 275.1 KiB 509K/s 00:01 [#####################] 100% mingw32.sig 96.0 B 0.00B/s 00:00 [#####################] 100% error: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine error: failed to update mingw32 (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature)) mingw64 274.7 KiB 886K/s 00:00 [#####################] 100% mingw64.sig 96.0 B 93.8K/s 00:00 [#####################] 100% error: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine error: failed to update mingw64 (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature)) msys 135.2 KiB 439K/s 00:00 [#####################] 100% msys.sig 96.0 B 0.00B/s 00:00 [#####################] 100% error: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine error: failed to update msys (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature)) error: failed to synchronize any databases error: failed to init transaction (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

Someone that already setup msys2 to build retroarch had same errors?

I just tested the tutorial posted by Radius and it works fine to build RetroArch on Windows (I tested both 32-bit and 64-bit version), but I installed only nvidia-cg-toolkit as there is another file called pkg-conf that is newer than pkgconf already installed. Also running MSYS2 shell did not work, I had to use mingw64_shell or else the compilers were not detected.

I want to add both OpenAL (to test the possibility of very low audio latency with hardware OpenAL, X-Fi) and Vulkan, but I am having a problem when compiling with Vulkan. I managed to add OpenAL and compile with just it, but for some reason when I try to configure the build with Vulkan I just get a message saying that it could not locate something…

I ran the commands “git submodule init” and “git submodule update” as shown on http://www.libretro.com/index.php/day-1-vulkan-support/ which completed with some errors before trying again, but I get the same error when configuring. Any ideas why? Maybe I am missing a Vulkan package that I need to install before?

Hi, learning to compile here. want to do Retroarch. followed guide. doing “make -f Makefile.win libs_x86_64” gives “no rule to make target ‘libs_x86_64’” error, so proceeded to use the older guide which says to manually extract (x64)headers and libs to retroarch. recompile using make -f Makefile.win, it wont compile. gives me an error “Makefile.win:157: recipe for target ‘obj-w32/gfx/drivers_shader/shader_vulkan.o’ failed”(dont know to get log so i just used "> log.txt after the command).

libretro-fbalpha compiled and run OK. how do i proceed here? thanks.

Those instructions are out of date. Use this compile guide instead: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Building_Retroarch_on_Windows

[QUOTE=hunterk;50588]Those instructions are out of date. Use this compile guide instead: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Building_Retroarch_on_Windows[/QUOTE]

thanks.will test this method soon. btw will it be easier building from linux like Ubuntu than windows?

UPDATE: ok, got it to compile. both normal and debug build-its wierd that debug version when running Mupen64 it hangs on Mario’s face(tested Mario64), \

also the --log-file option doesn’t seem to log what you see on the debug window, it only seems to write a few lines while debug windows shows a lot of things.this also happens on nightly builds.