PSX screen size

Sorry for being stupid but where is the image-adjustment shader? I assume I’m opening up a file with notepad, I just don’t know which one.

It’s in shaders/misc but you don’t need to modify it by hand. Just load the shader up (by incrementing the passes from 0 to 1 and then navigating to the shader’s location) and then use the ‘preview shader parameters’ to fiddle around with the settings. Once you get something you like, use the ‘menu shader parameters’ to save the settings to a file.

Excellent, thanks.

I need to update RetroArch as I’m on an older version and I don’t think I have all the options available like preview shader parameters. Do I need to just make a new installation and configure it or is there a method to update my existing installation?

Again searching hasn’t proved helpful (saw lots of references to updating an existing installation of RetroPie but not RetroArch).

Just go to buildbot.libretro.com and download the mini installation for your architecture. If it’s Win64, this one should do it: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/RetroArch_mini.7z Open the archive and overwrite your existing retroarch.exe with that one. I usually backup my old executable just in case anything goes wrong.

That feature has been around for a long time, though, so something else may be amiss.

I’m just on my way out so I’ll have to give it a go when I come home. It is not outside the realm of possibility that I’m just being dumb :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like