Raspberry PI CRTSwitchRes no x11 overheads

Ah good minds think alike.

Will @twinaphex start this implementation while I am finalising the PI switch method?

I don’t think he has an RPi to test with, unfortunately.

I can help with that. If I could incorporate new a display server I would, however, I am not to familiar in this area.

If he could do it, I would be happy to converse with him directly to test :+1:

2 Likes

Any new on this? As of today still I cannot see the switchres option in latest version of raspbian + retroarch even activating the advanced options.

Hi @rTomas,

CRTSwitchRes is already in the Raspberry PI flavour of RetroArch. It does not play to well with RPi4 though. For some reason the menu Items are not shown but you can just edit the RetroArch config to enable this and change the settings. the config settings are as follows.

crt_switch_center_adjust = “0”
crt_switch_resolution = “1”
crt_switch_resolution_super = “1920” or crt_switch_resolution_super = “1” for RPi4
crt_switch_resolution_use_custom_refresh_rate = “false”

Also you will need to use the following in your RPi config.txt

dtoverlay=vga666
enable_dpi_lcd=1
display_default_lcd=1
dpi_group=2
dpi_mode=87
hdmi_timings=320 1 20 29 35 224 1 10 14 16 0 0 0 60 0 6400000 1 # 320:224
1 Like

Hi @Alphanu, thanks for responding. I’ve tested the configuration you provided in a Pi4 running latest lakka stock 2.3.2 but the only thing that is happening is that the image is stretched vertically but I don’t see any screen timing change. I’ve tested using both 1920 an 1 values. Probably I’m missing out something else…