Re: Special Roms (couple questions updated)

1. Under SPECIAL ROMs, I noticed an option for SUPER GAMEBOY BIOS. Does this work? I haven’t been able to track down a BIOS file that it accepts (Always getting "No Super Gameboy BIOS selected). I would love it if the SGB enabled games would show up in color (ie Donkey Kong) (Doesnt VBANext support SGB Emulation?)

2. What is the GAMEBOY ROM used for? The games load fine with the “gambatte” core.

3. I’m not familiar with these other SPECIAL ROMS either, can someone explain what they are? SUFAMI ROM (SLOT A), SUFAMI ROM (SLOT B), BSX BIOS, BSX ROM

4. Dpes the Genesis emulation support the Menacer (Lightgun)?

1, Clarification here - VBA Next does NOT support Game Boy/Game Boy Color and Super Game Boy ROMs any longer.

We made the conscious decision to remove all that these past few months. Instead, you can use Gambatte for playing those games. Gambatte should be much faster and far more accurate, so I see it as win-win. However, I don’t know if it supports 4-player Super Game Boy games and the Super Game Boy borders - I haven’t tested if Gambatte supports that so far and haven’t introduced these as options yet for the libretro port. if Gambatte can do this, then I will implement it later.

‘2. What is the GAMEBOY ROM used for? The games load fine with the “gambatte” core.’ GAMEBOY ROM?

I have no idea. Are you using any package possibly that somebody made with such a ROM in it?

1. SNES9x Next libretro port at the moment does not support Sufami ROMs yet I believe. It can be added however.

2. No, Lightgun is currently not hooked up in Genesis Plus GX libretro - however, it can be done. You would need to use the mouse though right now for lightgun/Menacer support - there is no ‘real’ proper lightgun support in SSNES right now, either on console or on PC.