Recommendations for optimal video settings

Oops, the version of Nestopia I use has all the useless settings removed, been using it like that for a year now. The only things I recall are issues with crop overscan.

Testing now, both mask overscan options change the video output to 240x224, so 240p has nothing to do with it and the same issues can occur in 480 line mode too.

Any guides on how to implement these values on the wii version?

It gives error, this one works https://forums.libretro.com/t/wii-gc-pixels-are-not-square/1083

I have a question. I saw that CRT Switchres was implemented in the wii version.

Can I use this to automaticly switch resolutions/refresh rates? If yes: how does it work? I only have one option to use custom refresh rates and it seems like it doesnā€™t do anything

The switchres settings arenā€™t active in the Wii port, AFAIK.

Could someone help with the settings to display the Sinclair Spectrum correctly on a CRT via scart.

Iā€™ve read the resolution is 256Ɨ192 which Iā€™m assuming includes the border and not just the square area where the game graphics are displayed in (the photo below should explain what I mean by that.)

When select 512x192 on Retroarch I get small borders top and bottom. A bit like the borders PAL consoles users would get in the 90s. Itā€™s as if Iā€™m getting the PAL borders without the 17.5% slowdown.

Iā€™m sure the game speed is correct as thatā€™s what Retroarch is good at.

The Speccy was 50hz machine so maybe thatā€™s what is tripping Retroarch up.

Iā€™m sure there wasnā€™t borders at the bottom of the real hardware back in the day.

gMs88|320x240

Your own picture is 320x240, with borders. 256x192 are just the game graphics. The Spectrum (Fuse) core outputs less borders than the real machine. But this is irrelevant if you actually outputting correctly in a 50 hz mode without scaling. Instead of border colour, there is just black there then (or the entire border is black depending on the game). The borders on the real machine are BIG.

The last time I used Fuse was with Supersonicā€™s build, so I donā€™t know how the regular build behaves but basically:

Set Wii to 50hz

Choose 640x240 resolution.

2 Likes