[Request] Multiples resolutions per system

Thank you hunterk. Really!

I’m very happy about this news and I’m sure I will not be the only one.

I can’t wait to try it! Please let us/me know when it’s working. :slight_smile:

Any progress hunterk? =D Sorry I can’t wait to try it! :rolleyes:

Nothing to see yet, but I haven’t forgotten about it. Hopefully, we’ll have something soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks hunterk. :wink:

Any progress hunterk? =D

Unfortunately, no :frowning:

This looks like it’s going to be out of my skillset. However, if anyone else has interest in it, I’d be happy to try and point them in the right direction. Sorry, dude…

Thank you hunterk, I’ve let a message on Groovymame’s forum to see if anyone there is interested in making this happen. Let’s cross fingers! :wink:

Cool, fingers crossed :slight_smile:

It’s a feature I’d like to see, too, just none of the more capable folks here have CRTs for testing, so they’d pretty much be coding blind. Hopefully, someone at Groovymame will hook us up!

[QUOTE=hunterk;15588]Cool, fingers crossed :slight_smile:

It’s a feature I’d like to see, too, just none of the more capable folks here have CRTs for testing, so they’d pretty much be coding blind. Hopefully, someone at Groovymame will hook us up![/QUOTE]

Hey there hunterk, could you give me pointers to how you’d go around solving this on linux? I don’t have that much experience on Linux programming, but I’m eager. I have a Sony PVM plugged to my custom PC so I have the required tools. I don’t mind forking Retroarch eventually for this particular usecase, it’s just that 480i on 240p just grinds my gears.

Best regards!

This is my latest update on native resolution switching for Retroarch. Currently it working with on the fly switching. Still in early stages though.

1 Like

oh man, that’s looking awesome!

Another update for you guys to check out. This is Saturn switching between multiple resolutions, progressive and interlaced

1 Like

whoa, shit! I didn’t think progressive/interlaced switching was even on the table :open_mouth:

I hope you know: you’re making my wildest dreams come true.

1 Like

Ok guys this is a alpha release for RetroArch_Switch_Res. It is for bug testing only and should not be used as a replacement. This is currently Windows only.

Be aware you will have to manually reset your desktop resolution. This will be made easier by loading a hi-res games before exiting RA.

There are two files in this zip. One of which is the current wrapper we are using to switch the windows resolution. The other being retroarch.exe. Please backup your retroarch.exe before going any further.

Extract the file to your retroarch install, replacing retroarch.exe.

Prerequisites Ctremudriver and modelines created by vmmaker.

We are currently working on frequency switching! it is half incorporated but not fully working yet.

Currently swithing to all resolution is posible progreesive and interlaced @60hz, some roslutions may swith to 50hz depending in your modeline setup.

We are currently building a modeline database to enable correct 50hz - 60hz switching.

A file will be created with your retroarch folder called ra_res_hz.txt this file will show you the resolution that it is trying to switch to, if these are not available switching will not happen. So, you may need to create these modelins.

Please message my any bugs crashes and such so we can wrap this up for release ASAP.

files can be found here.

1 Like

This version still does not restore your desktop resolution so be aware.

Here is a video of the latest version, Switching resolution, P to I and screen frequency.

1 Like