RetroArch 1.3 audio stutter nVidia Shield K1

@Radius: Thx for the comparison. I had dynarec enabled, but as u noticed mobile devices can’t run latest mupen on full speed (the S5 is about the same as my Xperia Z3C)

So the problem with the mupen core is real. Also, as nintendonerd shows, something seems to be off with the official 1.3 release, apparently already fixed in nightlies so thags fine I guess.

As a general idea, maybe for the next release on the playstore settings should default to something more compatible.

[QUOTE=Dixxhead;33610]@Radius: Thx for the comparison. I had dynarec enabled, but as u noticed mobile devices can’t run latest mupen on full speed (the S5 is about the same as my Xperia Z3C)

So the problem with the mupen core is real. Also, as nintendonerd shows, something seems to be off with the official 1.3 release, apparently already fixed in nightlies so thags fine I guess.

As a general idea, maybe for the next release on the playstore settings should default to something more compatible.[/QUOTE]

It may be a fluke on my end, I’ll need to do more testing with other nightly builds, I don’t know for sure but it seems like it. I’ll keep testing other games as well, generally speaking I don’t need to test the games more than a few minutes each, as the problem will show up in the audio within a minute or two. I have sensitive hearing (blessing and a curse), so I’ll test other games like Yoshi’s Island, Star Ocean, Star Fox, etc to be sure later today :smiley:

Big Edit:

So I did some more testing with enhancement chip games, notably Super Mario RPG and Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (SA-1) and out of testing both for a total of one hour or so, I saw only two hiccups with the audio. I turned vsync back on (as my previous test had it off), and had no impact on the perfect setting I managed to achieved. So for now, I don’t have to roll back to KitKat 4.4.4, though I did find out it was relatively easy to do on the XDA forums if I need to do so. Summed up, it seems that on the 1/22 nightly of 1.3.0 has better sound performance.

1.3 seems exactly the same on a Shield TV, performance wise.

Incidentally, is there any trick to getting the 1.0.0.2 Mupen core working on a non rooted Shield TV?

I’ve tried changing the core directory and pasting the core in there, but when loading the core, nothing happens, it acts like no core is loaded.