RetroArch 1.7.8 for iOS and tvOS Now Available!

But I’m jailbroken, with Uncover.

I’ve installed Retroarch 1.7.7 from Cydia and I can navigate across all the folders, including /var/private/mobile/Documents, etc.

I’ve installed your IPA from the iPad using Filza, maybe I have to install the IPA in a jailbroken device by using another method…

So I did what you said from your previous post. Decided to update to 1.7.8 on my iPhone XS Max from 1.7.7. Dragged the new .IPA into Cydia and it didn’t overtire my current RA app it installed a second one. I opened it, none of my Roms or anything are there.

Just to double check I thought you said every 7 days/new version it will override my current version keeping my saves/roms all in tact? Did I misunderstand?

is my iphone 7 too slow for the mesen and mesen-s or are they not optimized for arm ?

So I did what you said from your previous post. Decided to update to 1.7.8 on my iPhone XS Max from 1.7.7. Dragged the new .IPA into Cydia and it didn’t overtire my current RA app it installed a second one. I opened it, none of my Roms or anything are there.

Just to double check I thought you said every 7 days/new version it will override my current version keeping my saves/roms all in tact? Did I misunderstand?

What happened was that your previous 1.7.7 install (com.libretro.RetroArchiOS11) had a different app id than the 1.7.8 (com.libretro.dist.RetroArchiOS11) so it thought it was a new app. I had to change the app id to a different one to sign it when creating the ipa. So you need to manually copy your files to the new installation.

Any installs in the future will update the app and not create a new one using cydia impactor.

Makes sense, thank you!!

no N64 core? Have been trying really hard to get a n64 core

I wish there was too :frowning:

You can also use iTunes to put ROMS and saves into and out of RetroArch.

Also want to second the workflow of using the Files app to move files into RetroArch when you’re on the device. You can upload a rom to a randomizer generator, download the generated rom, and copy it over into retroarch without having to leave your device.