Retroarch on CRT, certain cores not outputting signal

I finally- after weeks of troubleshooting- got everything launching in 240p as it should. Through countless guides Ive read, and after posting my issue on a dozen forums, I never seen mentioned that you must go into retroarch/config folder and edit each cores config file to turn on crt switchres…but thats what fixed it.

Hmm, nothing mentions it because it shouldn’t be necessary unless you’re using a completely separate config file for each core. The normal, expected process is to use one global config where you can put that option and then cores only have overrides that change the handful of options that need to differ from the global config.

Regardless, I’m very happy to hear that everything’s working on your end. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help more.

you probably used the save core overrides funcion for all the cores, this function is an actual nightmare, you didn’t find anything because people setting crt emu driver don’t use save core override

how do i disable or make sure im not using it from here on out?

In settings > configuration, there’s an option to ‘load override files automatically’ (this is an advanced setting, so you may need to go to settings > user interface > show advanced settings ON first). It defaults to ON but you can turn it off to stop loading them.