RetroArch on iOS 10 - not looking good :(

Okay, thanks! I don’t have the beta installed (yet), so for now I will just stick to the regular iOS 9 target and /Documents/cores folder, but this is good to know if I decide to install the public beta.

This does seem like a more annoying way to get cores into RetroArch, but honestly, I don’t update the cores very often anyway. As long as I find ones that work, I’ll stick with what I have.

Thanks for the reply

I’ve had a go with the iOS 10 build and it’s working fine for some cores like MAME but the PSX Rearmed Interpreter and Yabause don’t seem to load when I select them. Is this a known issue?

Just gave pcsx_rearmed_interpreter a try (now that I have iOS 10 on my iPad) and tested it with Quake. It seems to run fine.

The only core I’ve had a problem was mupen64plus, but I guess that shouldn’t be a surprise since it seems to have been pulled in the last month so I’m working off an older version of the core. But that was working under 1.3.4 on iOS 9 as recently as a couple of days ago. I’m just seeing different issues with different games for example, no down in Mario Kart. Also the iPad overlays for N64 and PS1 are bugged. I get crashes when switching between the different panels in the overlays. The regular gamepad overlays work fine though.

Aha, I think I see what’s happening. When I add a new core to the iOS/modules/ directory it copies over to my device correctly but when I select Load Core in RetroArch it just says (No Core) at the top (which is what I was getting yesterday).

If I then hit Stop and then Play again in Xcode and select that core it actually loads (and it works too). Could it be signing the cores after Xcode has copied them to the device which is why they work on the second run? I’ve tried this with seven cores now and it seems to consistently work on the second run for each one I’ve tried (Mupen64, PSX Rearmed, Yabause, Mednafen PCE Fast, SNES9x Next, MAME 2000 and MAME 2003).

Hi I am sorry, but my English isn’t good. I have retro arch 1.3.6 non jailbreak over cydia impactor. I want play the psx game The legend of dragoon or crash bandicot, but I choose load core and then load concet a I choose pcsx_rearmed_interpreter and I find The legend of dragoon iso or bin and confrim and app crashes. What am I doing wrong? I want play psx game but I don’t want jailbrake and android phone :frowning: It’s here chance for play? Thank you

Have you tried putting the bios on System folder?

Also, why tou dont try the latest retroarch app?

Does the PSX core appears on the top? If so, then it was signed correctly with impactor.

I had last version 1.4.1 unfortunately the same problem. I didn’t put the bios into the folder.It is maybe this the problem, isn’t it? Yes the PSX core appear on the top.

Try the latest retroarch, and try placing the bios. Lets see what happens, CB should work anyway without them.

All right just download Retroarch 1.6.0 from the link below and test the psx core. Bios files are optional. All cores are available including N64. Use cydia impactor to install it.

Thank you for all. I’m playing the first psx game. I have RetroArch 1.6.0. I’m happy now. Thank you and see you later

Hello, I have problem. I’m give Final Fantasy cd1 file to psx rearmed and I will run. Final Fantasy is loaded but just introductory titulky and it is end. I give cd2 it is runing normal and it want cd1. I have Blackberry Passport and there is cd1 ok and all is runing. I don’t want android. Where is problem? I attach pictures. Thank you for answear.

this is cd2

this is cd1 just opening subtitles and this is end, but FFVIII it’s playing normal. Thank you for patiance

Currently you can not play Final Fantasy IX. dynarec need to be enabled on jailbroken device. Last version had dynamic enabled is iOS 8.4 jailbreak.

Thank you, I have still question. I’m playning games Legend of Dragoon for Ipad I have video over whole display but Iphone 7 I have small video. I did settings in menu and is it theft small video. There is picture where I set up video. Ratio width I’m giving 1334 and Ratio Height 750 unfortunately the pictures is same.

On first picture you attached, tap 3 times on aspect Ratio until you see 16:9. Done:slight_smile:

Or you just can select custom. This will place your settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

when I tried to run cores my unjailbroken iphone se freezes. :disappointed_relieved: