Sega Saturn core (Yaba Sanshiro) finally available on Android

Guess it can’t be helped concerning vulkan support. I was on the dev’s page and came across this:

I guess he’s trying to implement vulkan support in the stand alone emulator, which if he does it can then ported over to this core

1 Like

@GhostMan Did you try converting your iso using the tutorial at https://github.com/libretro/yabause/issues/56 (mentioned above) ?

@Tanuki @sonkun @RetroFans Savestates in yabause based cores are kinda random, this stuff will need a rewriting from scratch at some point i think, i’m thinking of totally disabling them for now. If you are using savestates options like the one that save when exiting, it might actually be the root of your issues.

If the OpenGL render isn’t working yet, then is everything running in software in this core? That’s probably why the Tessellation GPU/CPU options aren’t working yet. It just flips the screen 90 degrees.

It has been running with the opengl renderer from its first day, i’ve no idea why the tesselation doesn’t work, i can’t get it to work with standalone either.

I am afraid I was not using any savestate in my testing :frowning_face:

Tessellation works fine on my Shield TV and Android Phone on the standalone emulator, but in the RetroArch core it doesn’t.

This is the only thread I can find that discusses the issue, but I’m still seeing the “black menu problem reported by sonkun as well as the crashes when doing Close Content from the Quick Menu." when using Android (Nvidia Shield specifically).

…is this still a known issue as I haven’t been able to find a fix in the forums or Github?

For various reasons which were mostly explained in other topics, i recommend giving up on the yabasanshiro core and using the standalone android app until a proper alternative is provided as a libretro core. This libretro port is something i regret ever writing…

Thanks @BarbuDreadMon; apologies as I wasn’t able to find the other topics you mentioned. However, very much appreciate all your contributions!