Sega Saturn - Yabause core (Compatibility)

Tested a few more, the issue with Dragon Ball Z was “resolved” by reverting the pad from 3D Pad to simply Saturn Pad, I’m not sure why it wouldn’t play with a 3D PAD, more games had similar issues, Dark Force, Need for Speed, Saturn Bomberman…

As for compatibility, the three above loaded, and played except for Need for Speed which gives an in-game error of unknown input device, whatever that means (played a bit with core options cart emulation without any luck)

edit: good news, updated to newest build from my 2 weeks old one and now Need for Speed doesn’t give out any error, and Legend of Thor/Oasis renders graphics. Super Tempo still is a no go.

It seems this game may be a special case that requires external save capacity for some reason, but most (if not all) other games are designed to save only to the built in ram and as such would not require the ramcart functionality. It shouldn’t be too hard to add it as a core option as yabause already contains code for it, but it requires someone who cares enough about the feature to actually do it.

At this rate with no changes yabause will be full speed in a few years. Just hoping someone comes around who can reduce the resolution from 1440x1080 to the Saturn’s native resolution for speed. At least that is what it shows on my lg g2. Otherwise, only missing save states currently.

What happened to this core? I got my games with messed graphics this way

Im using latest nightly buil, but this bug wasn’t on last week and even last year build. I think that the core is not the problem since Yabause is working on my older build, also I tried to copy yabause_libretro.dll to my latest build but still glicthy.

Yep, confirmed here, as well. Would you mind running through a few RetroArch nightlies to pinpoint exactly when the problem arose? From there, I/we can try to track down the exact commit that broke it.

EDIT: nevermind, it’s already fixed! http://git.io/AmOQ

Oh thanks! This same issue occurs on android build by the way. On what build it’ll be fixed?

Whenever the next nightly is built, so probably tomorrow, I guess…?

[QUOTE=final_87;18919]What happened to this core? I got my games with messed graphics this way

Im using latest nightly buil, but this bug wasn’t on last week and even last year build. I think that the core is not the problem since Yabause is working on my older build, also I tried to copy yabause_libretro.dll to my latest build but still glicthy.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hunterk;18928]Yep, confirmed here, as well. Would you mind running through a few RetroArch nightlies to pinpoint exactly when the problem arose? From there, I/we can try to track down the exact commit that broke it.

EDIT: nevermind, it’s already fixed! http://git.io/AmOQ[/QUOTE]

I remember this got fixed, but, I just tried the lates build (05-21) and this bug is back. Also I’m having problems with V Sync (on every core, even without shaders), I never get this before, what can it be?

K, I’ll look into it. In the meantime, for your vsync issue, is that using a fresh cfg? If not, try deleting it (make a backup in case it doesn’t help) and see if it performs any better.

Nvm the vsync, I think i figured out how to solve by changing the refresh rate, btw, is there a ideal refresh for each core? My desktop is 19 20x1080 60hz, is it the ideal or is better to change? Other issue: I m having crashes while switching between .cfg (they are fresh e pretty much default options)

RetroArch is designed to work at your monitor’s native refresh rate and resamples the audio to match, so ideally, you’ll always be at ~60.0 Hz (monitors and OSes are frequently slightly off from that ideal 60.0 by a small margin, so RetroArch detects it automatically). Even games that run at weird refresh rates, like Mortal Kombat via MAME, will run at 60 fps and their audio will be very slightly higher-pitched than normal to keep up.

Not sure what’s up with your crashes when switching cfgs. Everything seems fine here on my end.

I haven’t tried Yabause core in the meanwhile, it got fixed?

I just compiled from git the other day and it fire up just fine with correct colors, etc. YMMV.

It still not working, it used to work fine in the past for me, I have the same cue/bin and iso and default config… I just downloaded standalone version fo Yabause and worked fine.

If it’s just the screenshot that has wrong colors, a fix was pushed today. If the screen is displaying wrong colors try disabling “Force-disable sRGB FBO” in the video settings.

[QUOTE=enygmata;23899]If it’s just the screenshot that has wrong colors, a fix was pushed today. If the screen is displaying wrong colors try disabling “Force-disable sRGB FBO” in the video settings.[/QUOTE]Not only the screenshot, the entire gameplay. Just tried it with the latest build and get the same result: blue/green screen :frowning:

yep, confirmed here too. Wrong colors on stable 1.2 release too.

Hi there

Im having issues with yabause core and saturn bomberman (dont have any other game), the sound is terrible (saturation, glitches etc). It used to work fine (or better, at least), and i dont have such issue with other systems (snes etc). The cpu usage is around 15% so that should be ok, and its not gpu related either (does the same with no shader applied).

Ive just tried with Yabause standalone and sound is perfect (video is crap but thats another story :))

Any help welcome.

I have the same kind of issue where sound glitches and the emulation hangs. Made an entry on github about it.

Yabause is not as good as standalone on retroarch yet.

ok, thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

The good news is that it has save state support now…