Solution for retroarch.exe has stopped working any version intelhd3000

Hello guys…i was using retroarch v1.3.6 and it was working fine with XMB menu driver. I recently downloaded v1.4.0 64 bit and everytime i open it…it gives me the error ‘retroarch.exe stopped working’ so i changed menu and display driver in retroarch.cfg.now it’s working fine with rgui. idk why it’s not working with XMB driver. if someone knows the solution please tell me. Anyway you can download edited retroarch.cfg file from here…just replace it with original file.

Edit- XMB menu is working fine with MSVC build. Please go to 19th comment. There you will find the solution… :slight_smile:

Edit2:- download any version of retroarch which gives error on startup. Download this tool https://github.com/alexey-lysiuk/tools/raw/master/wtfi/Release/wtfi.exe Run this tool and select retroarch.exe from extracted folder and it will automatically fix everything and now it will work fine :wink:

I have the same issue on a Dell Vostro 3450 laptop.1.3.6 works fine with XMB but when I tried x86 and x64 versions of 1.4.0 on the same computer, it crashes on both.

I tried your retroarch.cfg workaround solution and I can get in but without XMB but doesn’t look very good.

Hardware:

Dell Vostro 3450 Windows 10 64bit Intel HD 3000 GPU I5 CPU

Up date, but no fix. It’s only when I went into the retroarch.cfg, I changed rgui to xmb but the xmb did not show. It’s just a black background with yellow text.

Yeah…XMB is not working properly. You will have to use rgui until developers fix this issue. Maybe some driver issue with intel hd graphics.

Hmm im having similar issues, but as soon as i load 1.4.0 up i get ‘Program is not responding’ message, if i leave RTA for about 30 seconds then it does load the rgui screen but then fails to load any games

No problem on win7 x64 with Nvidia 770 GTX.

Intel drivers issue?

Well, I just got back to my main pc from being away and althrough it would not load on my Dell Vostro 3450 laptop (W/ Intel HD 3000) GPU, it did work on my home pc with the Nvidia GTX 980. Fired right into XMB no problem.

Questions is, work in progress or no longer supported on intel based GPU’s?

Just thought I’d mention that RetroArch 1.4.0 launches fine with XMB on my Core i5-5300U with integrated HD Graphics 5500. If you have issues, please report CPU/graphics hardware and GPU drivers (at the very least).

you are probably using the nightly package on-top of an old-existing 1.3.6 version(which uses different version of dll files). download the full version-use the RetroArch.7zip which is about 100mb+

Nope…using latest stable version 1.4.0…

First i would like the thank you guys for creating such an awesome piece of software.

I have been lurking around the forums for quitte a bit, and this my first contribution.

I am having the exact same issues as the topic starter. Version 1.3.6 runs like a charm, but 1.4.1 crashes directly on loading. I have tried the 64 bit version but also the 32 bit version.

It also runs fine on my Core2Duo with win 10 and nvidia 8800 prehistoric VGA card. I have managed to test it on a intel i5 4200u with intel hd 4400, it also runs without issues.

I am using windows 10 home 64 bit. On my Acer W700 tablet.

Intel HD Graphics 3000 Driver version 10.17.10.4229 Also tested with version 9.17.10.4229 same issue

Intel® Core™ i3-2375M CPU @ 1.50GHz

RetroArch [INFO] :: This is RetroArch version 1.4.1 (Git ba98ecd) RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build ======================================= Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AVX Built: Feb 2 2017 RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.4.1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: ba98ecd RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading default config. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Redirecting save file to “C:\emulation\retro arch 1.41\saves.srm”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Redirecting savestate to “C:\emulation\retro arch 1.41\states.state”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Set audio input rate to: 29970.03 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GL context: wgl RetroArch [INFO] :: Detecting screen resolution 1920x1080. RetroArch [ERROR] :: [WGL]: wglCreateContextAttribsARB not supported. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Microsoft Corporation, Renderer: GDI Generic. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 1.1.0.

Debug info of 1.36 wich runs without issues.

RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build ======================================= Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AVX Built: Aug 4 2016 RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.3.6 RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: 62281f8 RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: Config: loading config from: C:\emulation\retro arch 1.36\retroarch.cfg. RetroArch [INFO] :: Resetting undo buffers. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Set audio input rate to: 29975.00 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: Found shader “C:\emulation\retro arch 1.36\shaders\retroarch.cgp” RetroArch [INFO] :: Found shader “C:\emulation\retro arch 1.36\shaders\retroarch.glslp” RetroArch [INFO] :: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GL context: wgl RetroArch [INFO] :: Detecting screen resolution 1920x1080. RetroArch [INFO] :: [WGL]: wglSwapInterval(1) RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Intel, Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics 3000. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.4229. RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_ES2_compatibility => doesn’t exist RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_sync => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_texture_float => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: EXT_texture_sRGB => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_framebuffer_sRGB => exists RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Supported extensions:

That would explain things but thats not the case. I’m running it local without rdp.

I have opened an issue on Github as requested.

Same problem with the new version 1.4.1 stopped working windows 10 no solution available? integrated graphic card intel hd.

Here is the solution…

Hi all, my retroarch (1.4.1, Win 64) crashes when i try to load it with vulkan (even with rgui). I would like to read the debug output, but if i start retroarch from the windows command line the output is not shown. Does anyone know how to see logs from command line? i’ve also tried to redirect the output to a file but it is created empty. Instead, if i start retroarch from the desktop shortcut i see the log, but since retroarch is crashing i can’t read it. Thanks a lot.