Thank you Libretro!

I just wanted to say thanks for making my emulation dreams into a reality! Retroarch is incredible!

I just registered on this forum, after learning about RetroArch. This really is an ambitious program, and while Iā€™m facing a number of issues with it iā€™m sure the community can help me out to get this mindblowing app up and running for me.

I would like to thank each and every single person involved in the making of RetroArch. You guys are amazing!

Amazing work. This has become my go to frontend across all platforms.

I updated from a 1 month old version and I like those changes in the menu. Less categories and easier to navigate, didnā€™t find myself lost one bit.

Great work.

Glad you like it :slight_smile: Iā€™m still getting used it, personally, but I think itā€™ll be positive all in all.

I had to post a thanks here to everyone that works or has worked on Retroarch in the past. So much time and effort is put into this never ending project and there so many whiny and ungrateful people out there who have nothing better to do with their time than to bitch up a storm on places like Reddit.
I really want the team to know there are people out there such as myself who truly do appreciate everything you all do. Sadly most of us are too busy enjoying what you have given us so you donā€™t hear from us but instead you see and read the constant moaning from a bunch of vocal unappreciative children.

Thank you everyone.

1 Like

[QUOTE=lordmonkus;51396]I had to post a thanks here to everyone that works or has worked on Retroarch in the past. So much time and effort is put into this never ending project and there so many whiny and ungrateful people out there who have nothing better to do with their time than to bitch up a storm on places like Reddit.
I really want the team to know there are people out there such as myself who truly do appreciate everything you all do. Sadly most of us are too busy enjoying what you have given us so you donā€™t hear from us but instead you see and read the constant moaning from a bunch of vocal unappreciative children.

Thank you everyone.[/QUOTE]

I second this.I for one am very grateful for this. Donā€™t let the loud few drown out the many silent ones who love what you have made.

Thanks, guys!

I donā€™t intend to engage with those guys on reddit, so I suspect theyā€™ll get bored soon enough.

The part that says that we are too busy enjoying what youā€™ve done and we end up forgetting to let you know how we love Retroarch and all what you guys do in this project is nothing but true. And I repeat myself, when something so good receive negative energy from one side, thereā€™s a problem, and Iā€™m sure that the problem doesnā€™t come from our side.

[QUOTE=lordmonkus;51396]I had to post a thanks here to everyone that works or has worked on Retroarch in the past. So much time and effort is put into this never ending project and there so many whiny and ungrateful people out there who have nothing better to do with their time than to bitch up a storm on places like Reddit.

Thank you everyone.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreeing with that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the Wii versions made over the years.

Pity that the Wii version is currently experiencing a slow, agonising and painfull death. The last working Wii version with the Mame core even had Terra Cresta working!!! And that after I bought a Pi just to play Terra Cresta. Even Dangar is workingā€¦

With my beggarā€™s bowl in hand: I would not mind a last release for the Wii to go out with a bang!

To the devs & their loved ones : thanks for the effort in bringing this thing to the humble Wii. Have a great Christmas!!

This retroarch/libretro thing and community is one of the most amazing stuff I have seen regarding open source/free software. Also, and I canā€™t stress this enough, it is so nice to see a piece of art like libretro/retroarch support linux as a first-class citizen! Well done!

I love RetroArch. Iā€™m using it with HyperSpin/RL and it works beautifully. Iā€™m using RA with about 30 different systems and I love its uniformity with automatically maintaining correct aspect ratios and configuring controllers. The enhanced cores (e.g. Mednafen) are fantastic and thereā€™s no reason to go back to standalone versions. I love the shaders. Itā€™s just a blast to play around & experiment with different shit. So, boys, thanks for your hard work. RetroArch forever! brofist

3 Likes

This software has saved me SO much time in setting up the games for my Arcade Cabinet Iā€™ve made. Iā€™m blown away by how streamlined and useful this environment is. I was able to find my way around and get everything set up without even reading any instructions. The way you just ā€œdownloadā€ the cores you need is amazing. The Retropad concept took a little to get my head around but I can see why itā€™s useful.

I just have a couple questions which Iā€™m going to ask in the general forum.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing quite like Retroarch out there that can even compare, or even offer what Retroarch provides. Itā€™s an excellent service and I look forward to what the future brings to the project. Itā€™s just going to continue to get bigger and better as the years go on! I couldnā€™t even consider using anything else after Iā€™ve been spoiled so much. Iā€™d like to personally thank everyone whoā€™s involved with the project and Iā€™m sure I speak for everyone when I say that youā€™re greatly appreciated. One day, maybe Iā€™ll be on the team too, maybe not. Either way, I hope the project thrives!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys :slight_smile: We appreciate the kind words!

Retroarch is one of my favourite software projects. I really like the philosophy behind it and I think the team have made great progress over the past few years. (Of course we also have to acknowledge the great work done by all the individual emulator authors, without which RetroArch wouldnā€™t exist).

Having used the software for so long I have come to understand all its arcane configuration details (i.e. Video settings, Input configuration, Shaders, Cfg overrides, Core options, BIOS requirements, etc.), but at some point I would really love to see a concentrated effort to improve useability. There have been some great strides towards this, but I feel that for new/casual users the interface and its myriad of options is still overwhelming.

There needs to be better documentation, a better initial setup experience (perhaps a wizard?), better update mechanisms (e.g cfg migration to newer versions), better in-app help, etc. I think once these things are addressed in earnest, RetroArch will gain the widespread adoption it deserves, rather than being relegated to the domain of only technical minded users or people with lots of time and patience to figure it out.

I realize there are other related projects that attempt to make it easier on the user, but I believe that ultimately RetroArch would benefit strongly from this approach as well. Look at the insane polularity of the NES Classic as an example; take some classic games and wrap them in a clean and easy to use interface and it takes off like wildfire.

Anyway, thanks to all the volunteers who have devoted their time to RetroArch/Libretro; we users can be picky and demanding sometimes but it is only out of our true enthusiasm for the project :slight_smile:

(EDIT: Just wanted to add, i currently use RetroArch on a Windows laptop, a Mac Mini, a PS3, a jailbroken iPad, and now a Wii U as well. Simply amazing!)

Just wanting to add my 2cents here, Iā€™ve only discovered RA recently (my bad!) but I was literally blown away! Thank you guys! :slight_smile:

I want to say thanks as well. Since I discovered that Retroarch could work on KMS Linux mode, it changed my view to play video games. I can use an old laptop to play every old system as I can. The best thing is that it has a smooth synchronization on KMS mode.

So, again thanks for making it this possible.

2 Likes

I canā€™t even look at another emulator. Iā€™ve not looked back since I downloaded Retroarch nearly a year ago. A ton of new features have been added even since then. SNES9x 2010 and 2005 versions were a very nice touch. Itā€™s also nice to see the ROM community still thriving. Much of my childhood was spent with a 56k modem getting ROMs and playing them on ZSNES and Nester.

1 Like