Transparent XMB?

Would it be possible to make XMB semi-transparent like rgui is? I like seeing the game behind the Retroarch gui whenever I have it open.

You can.
In settings->menu:

• disable “menu shader pipeline”
  • put a transparent black png as wallpaper, such as this one

Ooh, thanks, exactly what I wanted.

It will show with transparency with the ribbon shader if you allow the game to run inside the menu by going to Settings→.MenuPause when menu activatedOFF

Or open the config file and set this entry:

menu_pause_libretro = "false"

In this mode, the XMB transparency is controlled by Settings→.MenuXMB Alpha Factor, which is defaulted to 75%.

Here’s a screenshot of what my settings look like. The game is still running in the background while the menu is open.

So that’s what this alpha factor setting was for! :slight_smile:

Thanks I didn’t know. Always using the pause when menu activated option.

Huh. I wish the alpha worked when you have pause when menu activated on too.

[QUOTE=Monroe88;38985]It will show with transparency with the ribbon shader if you allow the game to run inside the menu by going to Settings→.MenuPause when menu activatedOFF

Or open the config file and set this entry:

menu_pause_libretro = "false"

In this mode, the XMB transparency is controlled by Settings→.MenuXMB Alpha Factor, which is defaulted to 75%.

Here’s a screenshot of what my settings look like. The game is still running in the background while the menu is open.

https://a.pomf.cat/dtgpfy.png[/QUOTE]

that’s cool! however IMO it should have this appearance when a game is paused, also. sometimes you’d still want to see the game image behind, even if it is paused. eg, when changing video settings.