Trying to install ReShade Vulcan with Retroarch emulator (Help!)

You can return a value back to the default by hitting the spacebar. I don’t actually have a HDM myself, I just made that shader based on feedback from people who do.

When you say the screen disappears, is it just leaving your vision? or is it straight-up blacking out altogether?

1 Like

Leaving my vision. Also the other shaders:

shutter-to-anaglyph and shutter-to-side-by-side

Are failing to load as well. Can I change any of their values to make them work? Or is the simple side by side the best one to use for 3D?

1 Like

omg, those have stupid problems (easy to fix, but still enough to make them not work as you’d expect), too. I swear I tested all this stuff before committing it, but I’m sure git-blame would say otherwise lol

Anyway, they use the same sbs code as the simple one, they just do some other stuff to adapt different 3D modes that cores used (anaglyph and left/right shutter) to work with sbs HDMs, so whatever problem you’re having with the sbs-simple would affect them, as well.

1 Like

Yeah but when I go to change their values it looks like this:

shader0 = shaders (name of shader)

So I don’t see the same mistake with the “s” at the end as with the other simple side by side…

Also with the simple side by side shader apart from the eye separation how do you increase or add more depth? Or is that even possible?

So I don’t see the same mistake with the “s” at the end as with the other simple side by side…

They have different mistakes but equally stupid -_-

how do you increase or add more depth? Or is that even possible?

more depth as in making the the image smaller/farther away? If you mean depth as in the foreground sticking out from layers of the background, yeah, that’s not possible unfortunately. These games are flat planes.

1 Like

I don’t know if you can help me with this as well but now I’m trying to enter in new gameshark codes:

I’m trying to enter this gameshark code:

#Have All Weapons and Gear

5000FE02 0001

800712E0 0001

It lets me enter the first line of code but I can’t indent to a second line. If I hit enter it just saves the first line of code. So how to I space down so I can enter the second line of code? Or am I doing this all wrong?

I’ve used these gameshark codes before and can confirm they work. It seems like someone else has had this problem before in this topic:

Cannot get cheats to work - General / Games - Libretro Forums

Like the example I showed above the gameshark codes are two lines. And I want to manually enter them in myself.

Here are some more codes I’m trying to use:

#Infinite Health Character 1

D10DB568 2C03

800DB130 03E7

#99.999.999 Gold

800719A8 E0FF

800719AA 05F5

#Enable all Characters

800719A0 FFFF

800719A2 FFFF

800719A4 FFFF

I don’t use cheats myself, so I don’t know much about the process, but IIRC you can do multi-line by separating each line/code with a +

1 Like

So a + after every space or just at the end of each code line? Like this?:

(Original)

D10DB568 2C03

800DB130 03E7

Code with +

D10DB568+2C03+800DB130+03E7

Or like this?:

D10DB568 2C03+800DB130 03E7

I think it’s just the linebreaks that need a +. I don’t know about the spaces.

God it to work! Thanks for all of your help; really appreciate it!! It was just the linebreak like this:

D10DB568 2C03+800DB130 03E7

1 Like

So I’m wondering I have the Eye Separation: at -0.50 or -0.55. -0.50 is okay but a bit strong on the 3D and -0.55 is a bit too light. But I’m wondering if there is any way to go in-between those numbers like maybe -0.52 or -0.53? That would probably make the 3D just right. Is that possible or am I stuck with those two numbers for the eye separation?

if you open the slang file in a text editor, you can change the last number on this line:

That’s the “step” that the parameter skips on each unit. You can change it to 0.01 instead of the current 0.05 to make it more granular.

You could also edit the saved preset yourself. If you’ve set your parameters how you like them and then used the ‘save’ menu to save a preset, open the preset in a text editor and you should see the parameter values listed down at the bottom. Just put in the value you want.

1 Like

Okay, when I first go into the shaders folder I can see my saved parameter files sitting right there. But only one of those files when opened up in notepad++ shows my full saved values. So, is it okay to change those values in that file?

I also, can’t find the full file you listed above though. If I go into Shaders/ shaders_slang/ stereoscopic-3d and open up side-by-side-simple.slangp in notepad I only get 2 values:

shaders = 1

shader0 = shaders/side-by-side-simple.slang

So how do I get to that side-by-side-simple.slang main file with all of the main values to edit?

it’s not in the slangp file, it’s in the slang file, the path to which is referenced in the slangp file you were looking at. The link I posted also has the path to it in the URL. It should be:

[retroarch dir]\shaders\shaders_slang\stereoscopic-3d\shaders\side-by-side-simple.slang

Thank you I changed the value to 0.01 and that’s exactly what I needed. Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m just wondering about disc switching. I’m using the dump texture/replacement textures feature in Beetle PSX HW for Chrono Cross. I have the complete HD texture pack in the replacements folder and when I load the first disc everything is working fine with HD textures and all!

But I’m just wondering if I have everything set up right for when I eventually have to switch to disc 2? This is what my files look like in my game folder:

Chrono Cross-texture-replacements (This folder contains the upscaled HD textures)

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1).bin

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1).cue

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 2).bin

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 2).cue

Chrono Cross.m3u

My Chrono Cross.m3u file reads:

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1).cue

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 2).cue

Now my replacements folder originally read as: Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1)-texture-replacements. But the textures wouldn’t load when I started the game with the .m3u file so I had to name it the same name as the m3u file.

So my question is: When I switch to disc 2 will the HD textures still load on disc 2 as well? In your opinion is everything set up right?

That looks right to me, yeah.

Hopefully things go smooth when I get to disc 2. Thanks!

1 Like