Turbo button issue

Hello,

Sorry to resurrect this thread again, but I’m on a fresh install of RetroPie 4.4 using a RetroArch build dated Oct 9th 2018, Git version c9c6c5a, and the independent turbo buttons are not functioning. I’m testing on NES and the binds appear correct. I’ve checked that no other functions use the X and Y buttons, but they are still non-responsive as turbo A and B, respectively.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

It depends on the core. If the core you’re using doesn’t have them, try another core.

Yeah, it wasn’t working in fceumm, but nestopia worked. Thanks!

what? its not working in fceumm of all cores? do you know that the turbo is off by default? this can be enabled using the core options… or did you not look…

1 Like

I’m probably not following the terminology correctly. I didn’t check core options, but I just switched the default NES emulator to nestopia via the launch menu and it worked with no further changes. I can do some additional testing if needed, but what I was after appears to be working now. The “Turbo enable” modifier button works on emulators/cores for all other systems, which is what I need to use anyway due to the lack of extra buttons on my controller for dedicated turbos.

Let me know if I should check anything out.

It works on fceumm, wertz was right, core options > turbo enable was set to none by default. thanks!

2 Likes