Unable to play Playstation games using beetle psx core

I’m possibly having the same issue.

Downloaded & installed retroarch today. Updated\downloaded PlayStation core Scanned directory where I had my home made ROMs (I mean i ripped Digimon World disc myself) Tried to play game but ‘failed to load content’ Tried adding a bios file and pointing retroarch to it in the bios settings option. Still no dice.

Tried the above on both win10 & android. Tried multiple ROMs. Any advice would be much appreciated and sorry for hijacking this thread, hopefully the cause is the same and fixable:)

PS1 problems are usually related to either missing BIOS or bad cue sheets (only bin/cue files will load with Beetle-PSX). Load the core and then go to information > core information to make sure it’s finding the BIOS image(s) and check the cue sheet to make sure the files it’s pointing to actually exist. Other than that, we’ll need a log to guess what’s happening.

Just had a quick look on the android during my lunch break. You’re right, the core isn’t finding the bios. I’ve downloaded the bios, put it in the system folder of retroarch and pointed the directory setting there. However it doesn’t see them. Should they be .bin files or left as a zip file? For reference I put an extracted psx bios pack there, so it should have all the ones needed. Not sure what to try…do the names matter?

Have no idea what a cue sheet is. The burner I used automatically made .bin and .cue files for each disc (although not every disc was successfully ripped). Is the .cue file a sheet, or is there a database somewhere that I have to add the files to?

Many thanks

Renamed bios files. Loads black screen. Tried different bios files. Still black screen. Renamed cue file to lowercase Retroarch crashed. Re-renamed cue file to how it was. Black screen…oh wait, it works! Very slow and laggy though, basically unplayable. Might be my phone? Old Moto with lineageOS.

Thanks for the bios suggestion!

oh yeah, beetle-psx isn’t going to work on any phones, AFAIK. It’s not full speed on my nvidia shield ATV. Use PCSX-ReARMed on ARM devices and Beetle-PSX on x86/64 devices.