Libretro/docs

Contribute to the documentation

The docs are written in Markdown if you need help with the syntax use this guide.
Mkdocs uses some Markdown extensions that you may have to familiarize with.

The documentation source is maintained via Git
For novice users that don’t know how to use the command line you can use Github Desktop.
For more info on how to use git refer to their help

In order to propose improvements to a document:

1. Clone the repo (If you are using Github Desktop, select Clone>Open in Desktop)
  2. Make the changes and update your clone
  3. Test, follow the Building section to render the site
  4. Propose your changes using the button “New Pull Request” in the docs repo
    make sure that you are comparing your forks edited branch to the docs master branch

There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here

You can submit suggestions or issues regarding documentation at the libretro/docs issue tracker or in our forum thread.

3 Likes

Not done ay docs recently but most of the Gameboy Advance cores are done now

I will update this when i get back to it. Hopefully next week

1 Like

Great stuff, well done :slight_smile:

There is some conversation on github with ideas. About additions to the template

When those get ironed out i will continue

So I come across @hunterk s shader preview repo and thought the info would be a great addition to docs.

Made a start on it last night.

Would be nice to get some feedback or suggestions of how to move forward and fill out the technical stuff. Need a shader expert to write their opinions down on what the shaders are doing

1 Like

Added some more shader previews

Cgp Crt Ddt Dithering Eagle

Added handheld shader previews

Bless you for your work on documentation.

I’ve just submitted a PR for a MAME 2003 core doc, as I’m somewhat familiar with it and its other documentation.

2 Likes

I finished up adding shader previews… :slight_smile:

They do need brief discriptions but I’m not familiar with the specifics of what the shaders are doing

2 Likes

Theres been a few updates to the docs site…bparker and markwkidd have been adding Netplay, compilation and troubleshooting documentation.

We are getting there.

Any requests?

1 Like

All Atari cores have now been added afaik.

I my try and do Emux to pick up the last gameboy one in my android online updater list.

If anyone has any thoughts on the docs core library it would be nice to hear comments

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience with the overrides system? I haven’t spent too much time in that part of RetroArch myself.

https://github.com/libretro/docs/issues/48

Ho, You miss at least one as I didn’t see atari800 core listed.

1 Like

Um what core is that in online updater @r-type?

atari800 is Atari 400, 800, 600 XL, 800XL, 130XE, 5200 Games System I don’t thinks it’s on updater ( as recipe is missing)

related forum entries

1 Like

Cool…that looks to have some good documentation.

So currently theres no core for download? I would say low priority myself if its not readily availiable

1 Like

yes no core as no one write a recipe (simple as it only require make platform=XXX)
maybe 2/3 in years if it’s the same delay than the hatari core …

I have no clue how all that stuff works…shame because it means its out of reach for the normal user

Things get done when they cant done

I’ll try to get it added. Are there any others that you have ready to use that aren’t getting built automatically?

2 Likes

thanks @hunterk !

atari800 is good as it work fine with Atari 8bits software(games/demo) and support A5200 games too. also at least i think cap32 is missing on windows too. if I remember other cores missing, I will pm you.

1 Like