Libretro/docs

Yeah! That’s the one!

I actually only stumbled on it being supported when I was searching for the file for my database. Came across a github libretro article and it was listed deep in some text that I didn’t understand at all. Other than that though I’ve never found any instance of anyone else ever acknowledging it. I try to spread the word when I can haha.

I was quite surprised and also ECSTATIC that it was supported. It made a world of difference in authenticity for me. Most people don’t seem to care haha, but I think boot-screens are incredibly important.

Even if they are just simple text lol

1 Like

Good idea.

Sorry i wont be helping much next couple of months. Ill try when i can to do a bit here and there

Looks like your doing a good job with all the update.

Been getting the email notification from Git. Still busy but with real life stuff now.

Keep it up an hope to get something done myself around Christmas

1 Like

There is a bounty open for moving issues to libretro/meta.

Great job on all the updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added to the todo list line 403 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_PHI8ajebJPCrhPHKKytLzTfEKSyGncQhBgkhj6Hw-E/edit?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

Could add a page in docs for WIP status maybe. Link to it from the “contribute to this documentation” blurb

Boa noite.

Poderia me ajudar.

Nao consigo instalar o retroarch, ja mudei DEP instalei alguns driver , arquivos e programas , mudei meu windows 7 para o Windows 10 e mesmo assim no meu desktop nao funciona.

Ja instalei no meu not.

Check here

https://buildbot.libretro.com/.docs/guides/windows/

Took the liberty as doing nothing on the loo :slight_smile:

Core pages still need getting rid of though

2 Likes

Done. Good catch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do folks think about adding one more new page to the docs, focused entirely on how users can generate logs?

There is some material in the Troubleshooting doc about logs now, but it still seems like @hunterk and others on the front lines have to walk users through this on a regular basis.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Yeah I guess so…I know Android is not the easiest as really needs a PC and adb setup. I did get a decent logcat app this week (MatLog) but I’m not sure it picks everything up. Hopefully some others chip in with app recomendations as adb is a bit to cumbersome for many.

At one point, there was a discussion… somewhere… about a new RetroArch option that would output a log file from the most recent RetroArch run automatically to a predefined folder. That’s a bigger discussion but I think that this hypothetical new log feature had been proposed as the alternative to adb.

But I’ve never run RetroArch in Android myself, so what do I know!

1 Like

I’ve created an issue on github for others who can contribute to the new Log doc: https://github.com/libretro/docs/issues/280

You’ll see there I also submitted a PR to create the log doc and consolidate existing information. Currently OS X and Android have nothing much to go on. I’d suggest them as priorities if any among us has that information.

1 Like

For OSX, they have to open a terminal and then go into the app bundle and then it’s just like linux. That is, retroarch --menu --verbose --log-file ~/log.txt (to drop the log into the home folder)

1 Like

Added, thanks!

(padding to meet character minimum)

thanks! that was fast!

For Android, they’ll either need an external logcat app (I use .logcat but it’s hard to find thanks to its terrible SEO name) or use adb logcat from a PC.

This is a good reference:

I will look at that.

I’ve also created a RetroArch issue to at least record the concept about an automatic log somewhere where it might be remembered.

[Feature Request] Option to automatically log current session to disk: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/6277

3 Likes

Anymore info? Why, link to new one

Will I need to start my local git from scratch and setup email notifications again do you know.

Going to go look